• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 post hoists

6PKRTSE

Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Who has one & what does everyone prefer? I guy I work with has the Aresco for his home garage & has had it almost 15 years & it has been trouble free. He keeps his 70' LS6 Chevelle or Porsche slant nose up on his with no issues. I am leaning this direction myself. Price is reasonable

I have two 4 posters & on one lift, I have two bridge lifts so the whole car can be raised off the wheels.

I have two 4 posters & on one lift, I have two bridge lifts so the whole car can be raised off the wheels.

What brand names & any issues with yours? Mine will be mainly used for storage of another car up top more than working on cars except once I have it I am sure I will be using it for oil changes & stuff like that.

I forget the brand name, but they're all very similar. I've had them for years & they both work very well.

Mine came from Worth.Fort Worth Texas. I had the 4 post for storage and their 2 post to do work.Over 20 years now.Good units. I do prefer the 2 post because of more room to work.Kept fighting and banging my head on the 4 post.

I bought mine from here http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com 2 post 9000# 1400.00 no issues. If you gonna work on your ride, in my opinion , 2 post only way to go. Also if you go with a 2 post,I would recommend an asymmetrical ,no additional cost, that way you can back your ride in or go head first in, how I went all this time without owning one I will never know. Working on your ride is sooo much easier and also waxing and cleaning done at head level, good luck!!!!

I bought mine from here http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com 2 post 9000# 1400.00 no issues. If you gonna work on your ride, in my opinion , 2 post only way to go. Also if you go with a 2 post,I would recommend an asymmetrical ,no additional cost, that way you can back your ride in or go head first in, how I went all this time without owning one I will never know. Working on your ride is sooo much easier and also waxing and cleaning done at head level, good luck!!!!

I don't have the floor for a 2 post or not worth the expense to pour new thicker footings. The ceiling height to raise it is not high enough to walk under it comfortably anyway. My ceiling is 10'-4" high. It will be tight but just tall enough to stack them. I already raised the garage door track in preparation for a lift someday.

rsz_20161104_213725_004.jpg

10'4" is going to be really close to stack B Body cars. I could only stack a Corvette and the GTX with that ceiling height. Remember you want to store in latched position. Most lifts you have to go up past the latch then back down. On my lift I need and extra 3-4"s for that.

I have infloor heat pipes in my shop so a 2 post was not doable. With the 4 post, you can move it around which is very handy. I don't have the bridge jacks so I made a sliding platform that I can put a hydraulic jack on to get the wheels off the platform. Hard to imagine not having it now. Took about a day to set up by myself.

I have a Direct Lift brand and have no complaints. Make sure that whatever brand you buy is certified. Backyard buddy quality lifts are an accident waiting to happen.

I asked this same question here last year. Got all the same replies. Decided to go with the Advantage lift, 9000# extended length. It is a rock solid lift. My neighbors have other brands like Direct Lift and Bend Pak, they are no where near as sturdy as the Advantage lift. Some of the other brands use a piece of flat steel in a c channel steel post with holes punched in it to support the platform, or welded tabs in a c channel post to support the platform. Advantage uses solid square steel posts with punched holes, and a square collar to ride over the square post, which supports the platform. With my 4000# Charger all the way up the lift is rock solid and will not sway. My neighbors lifts are little wobbly when with a car on the platform and up. I can really do some pushing and pulling working on the car when up on the lift and it does not sway. I am very happy.

Auto Transport Service
Back