• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 post lift recomendations

Paul_G

Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
There are so many to choose and many options. Must use a 4 post as my floor is post tensioned and do not want to drill in to it. Main use is vehicle storage, then light maintenance use.

Are there any troublesome ones out there to stay away from? Any that are better, stronger than others. I know of one instance of a shop using a Challenger lift and they have had it repaired many times.

Last edited:
I just bought an Advantage 9000 lift and installed it last weekend.

I labored over which one to get and this is what I ended up with. Why?

- Assembly looked way easier that the others. Lots of videos and a lot is preassembled.
- Lift does NOT have certs but is in process and seems to have what's needed. Motor head is ETL certified.
- Not the cheapest but it was the best bang for the buck. Aluminum ramps, caster, drip pans, chocks, etc.
- A little bit bigger dimensions than the rest without going to a model with addition hieght, length, or width.
- Heavy duty, this thing is sturdy without being bolted down. Ship weight was ~1900lb.
- I could also pick up locally. I also have a Greg Smith Equip local too.

That's some of the highlights, no regrets. I did not pay as much as the website shows. Took around 4 hours to assemble with the help of my wife.

https://advantagelifts.us/4-post-lifts/SS-9000-Four-Post-Lift

My first 4 Post Lift that I bought was a Bend-Pak HD-9. I had it for over five years without any issues. But when I sold my house in Tucson Az. the buyers wanted the lift so it went with the house.

When I moved into my new house in Laughlin, Nevada I bought a Direct-Lift PP9 plus because it had more distance (109.5") vs (100.2") between the columns to get my car hauler thru the lift. Also it raised the car 14" higher. (84") vs (70").

Both lifts are comparable in quality and price, but the Direct-uuft came with (4) drip trays and caster kit included. Bend-Pak charges about $350 extra for those.

good luck with your selection

I have a direct lift and love it as well. I am lucky enough to have clearance in my garage that I can have the lift at full height so I can walk underneath without ducking. Having the casters has also been great as I have moved the lift a few times.

we have a bend pak 9000 at our shop, 6yrs on it now with everyday use only thing we have had to replace was the motor / lift switch once.
We lube the cables couple times per year.
4000lb air jack with it also on track rollers.

Mine is a 2 post but wanted an American made lift and bought a Worth, they also build 4 post lifts and are beefy. I talked to installers while doing some research, Benpak was spoken poorly of or at least the newer models but that's from a lift installer. Just do your homework and remember anything of this size made overseas has a premium placed on packaging not being robust..... Benpak went overseas.

Just a question as i dont know much about lifts. With the feature of rollers and the lift being able to moved to another location, when the lift has a vehicle that approaches its capacity does the lift rock the slightest as there is no bottom support for the legs. The legs i would think would have to be properly anchored in sufficiently strong and thick enough concrete. I cant see how the thing does not rock with weight on it and at its max lift with not stiffeners on the bottom posts or not mounted in concrete. Any thoughts?

not a four post but i love it. I have a parallel lift i found on craigslist for $800. theres alot of good deals on there and you find a shop closing, or in my case a guy who had it come with his house and doesnt give a rat's *ss about cars. being a parallel lift, it can lift 11,000 primarily set up for alignments, but plenty of under side clearance for all work. the only down side is you cant park underneath it. but its built like a tank and was cheap enough. as you can see i have mine outdoors in a tent garage. on just blacktop. i cant mount any sort of lift on blacktop obviously, so this was perfect as i just sit it there not anchoring or anything. obviously no warranty on craigslist but it was a steal this type of lift is what they use for military trucks, 20 yard dumps, city busses, big wheel loaders etc. just check all the welds close and youll be fine. heres one of it down, and a crappy picture of it raised. but plenty of room underneath. alot come with rail jacks to lift the wheels off the runways. mine didnt have them, but i put 10in channel across with bottle jacks, works for me but if i had the money, i would still put in a concrete pad and get a 2 post, clear floor asymmetrical lift. even for storage its fine to park a car underneath, but you absolutely have full access. . i had one i also got for $800 on CL but without the fund to putin a pad it was useless... traded it for a 1940 farmall. 4 posts are expensive, i bet you can buy a two post adn have a pad poured that you can anchor to and be cheaper then some 4 posts

f8114176.jpg f38235648.jpg

Just a question as i dont know much about lifts. With the feature of rollers and the lift being able to moved to another location, when the lift has a vehicle that approaches its capacity does the lift rock the slightest as there is no bottom support for the legs. The legs i would think would have to be properly anchored in sufficiently strong and thick enough concrete. I cant see how the thing does not rock with weight on it and at its max lift with not stiffeners on the bottom posts or not mounted in concrete. Any thoughts?
The casters are only on when the lift is empty, you have to let the lift down the entire way and it uses the weight of the lift to pick itself up. When a car is on the lift you take the casters off by removing a pin. The lift sits on flat plates. When it's up the entire way a good lift will not move around if it's not bolted down.

No flaming me since these are Chebys on the lift.

IMG_0243.JPG

Hehe. Ladiesand gentleman This is the only time the cheaper the lift the better. Preferably bargain basement chinese made of aluminum foil. The lift collapses, corvette crushes camaro and with a little luck, the 4 posts fold in, crushing the vette. Win win

The casters are only on when the lift is empty, you have to let the lift down the entire way and it uses the weight of the lift to pick itself up. When a car is on the lift you take the casters off by removing a pin. The lift sits on flat plates. When it's up the entire way a good lift will not move around if it's not bolted down.

No flaming me since these are Chebys on the lift.

View attachment 424744
Wont flame you and i'll take the vette LOL..... I understand the lift has to be empty, that i knew, but my thoughts are a heavier vehicle close to the max capacity of the lift. Your working on a vehicle, pulling, banging whatever, i cannot see how that lift without being properly secured into concrete of sufficient strength and thickness will not sway. There is nothing to stiffen it up. Again my knowledge is limited when it comes to lifts

Steve our bendpak is not bolted to the floor, we do have casters to move it if we want but for the most part it stays in one place,
As far as the lift moving when its up with a car on it, yes you can get a slight movement if your pushing / pulling, ect. not scary but yes it will move a bit.

I have a 2 post and would not trade it for anything,4 posts ,can you do brake jobs, nope, you are too restricted on things you can do, every time I a do an oil change,I do a tire rotations , it's too easy and right at eye level, just a thought

Advantage lifts has a great website, informative, good video. It looks like a rock solid lift. I like how the square collars travel up and down the square post with nylon sliders. Looks like it would be stable with a heavy vehicle like my 5500# truck up.

The advantage lift is more expensive, $3200, than the Direct lift Pro Park 9 Plus, $2900. Both are rated at #9,000.

I was at a friends who has an Atlas lift, he had a car up and leaned against the corner post and it rocked just a little. Looked a little scary, but probably was fine.

Will an Advantage lift, or the Pro Park lift rock at all with a vehicle up?

The advantage website shows delivery options but does not say anything about installation.

My direct lift does not budge when loaded. Even when it's not loaded it's rock solid. I can't say enough about how well made this lift is.

You really have to hit it hard to make it move, the Advantage one that is.

My wife and I had ours assembled in 4 hours with nothing more than cherry picker and some plates with casters (they go under tires to move cars around).

I was able to get mine for $3k all in and pick it up locally. Check with them and see if they have a dealer local to you.

Bendpak here. Love it. A little slow going up because it's 110. Should have gone 220

Bought the Advantage lift, SS9000XLT. It is a little larger than what I need, but, my truck can go up on it, fit underneath it, and drive through it.

Advantage has a great website with good video. I would bet that alone sells a lot of lifts for them. I asked Richard about the certs. He said it is CE, and EGL, certified now, they are almost done with the ALI cert. Only thing left is making the correct stickers and manuals. He said the engineer they have working on it is off sick, so it might be a while yet for the ALI cert.

It should be delivered and set up this Wednesday evening.

Nice! Let us what you think. 2 day delivery and install is pretty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back