• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 post lift width

Goldencommando

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking at building a new shop in a area where I have size restrictions. After reading the discussion on what heights it takes I'm wondering about the width needed. What's the average width of most lifts and what brand? Also what overall lenght is the average? Can they be located close together or how much room do you require between them? I'd be looking at 3 or 4 lifts to make the space work for my cars. I am allowed to have the height needed. I can look up specifications but I'm not up to speed on what brand most people go with.

Thanks for any input!

I just happened to measure the width of my 4 post yesterday. It is 101 1/2" to the outside of the posts. That does not include 6" or so for the foot pads. It is an older version of Lift King. There usually two lengths. Standard for our cars and extended for trucks etc.

You'll pretty much have to go through all the manufactures and grab their specs as lifts are all over the place. My Direct Lift extended's leg CLEARANCE is wider than my 9' door.
4postlift 149.JPG

Most manufactures have a downloadable PDF that gives dimensions.

I've even been able to find those for several used lifts no longer manufactured I've considered buying.

The shop area in my garage is only 10 feet wide. I had to push the lift all the way to the right wall so I had room to walk past on the left side.

IMG_20201129_183121.jpg

Mine is 103.5" wide, 175.5" w/o ramps and 207.3" with ramps per the spec sheet.

20210320_161519.jpg

20210320_145617.jpg

20210318_161408.jpg

Your width will also be dictated by what you would like to put on it. Cars only? Trucks? Mine is wide enough, capacity enough for my Dually. BendPak HD9XL.

Cars only for me. Just looking to make the most of the room allowed. Thanks to all for the information so far.

Your width will also be dictated by what you would like to put on it. Cars only? Trucks? Mine is wide enough, capacity enough for my Dually. BendPak HD9XL.

Auto Transport Service
Back