• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed console

PeteyDaMan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm finally in the reassembly faze of my 71 Charger restoration.
In converting from an auto to a 4 speed I'm hunting for a center console.
Brewers Performance has the complete 71 B body 4 speed console for just over $600 (minus the mounting brackets).
Has anyone else bought a console from them? If so, were there any modifications needed for a good fit?
I bought a lot of 4 speed parts from them in the past and they are a good company to work with.

thanks

Hi All,
I'm finally in the reassembly faze of my 71 Charger restoration.
In converting from an auto to a 4 speed I'm hunting for a center console.
Brewers Performance has the complete 71 B body 4 speed console for just over $600 (minus the mounting brackets).
Has anyone else bought a console from them? If so, were there any modifications needed for a good fit?
I bought a lot of 4 speed parts from them in the past and they are a good company to work with.

thanks
Isn't Tony's selling repops for like $300? I would check his website.

if your car is originally auto on floor and you already have a console, there is a template available on ebay ( or there was at least ) to become an auto console into a 4 speeds. The only dif between both is the bottom part of the console... and of course the top plate, but not the top section of the console

my car was originally an auto on the column so I have no console to modify, but thanks for the info.

my car was originally an auto on the column so I have no console to modify, but thanks for the info.
There are often goid used consoles and mounting brackets for sale here. Start a parts wanted ad. You might be surprised by what you find.

The consoles themselves are ok but the 4 speed top plates are horrible IMO.. They are made from stainless and the recessed edge is barely there...

Is there a no console option? I don’t know about your car because I don’t have one but my challenger had an auto console and when I went four speed I removed it and it’s been so much better.

More space at least feels that way (challenger is smaller)
And it looks cleaner

Yes, there was a no console option as far I know for auto on column with buckets and no buddy seat, same as 4 speeds.

Challenger is not really smaller on driver cockpit. Floor pan, buckets, console are the same and firewall is pretty much also the same. But is true the dash is more "protuded" to the passengers on E bodies. Maybe that makes the ilusion about the room.

Auto Transport Service
Back