• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Speed Crossmember correct color

tnfastback

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
On a 1970 RR should the 4 speed crossmember be gloss black or semi gloss black??

On a 1970 RR should the 4 speed crossmember be gloss black or semi gloss black??

When we restored the 70 6-pack car we had no crossmember but one was pulled from a 70 4-door Satellite and it had a good bit of what looked like gloss black on it, so that's what we did. We didn't do any research other than what we thought was on the replacement crossmember.

I believe Jerry's right about the gloss black. If your building a Bloomington Gold 100 pointer this would be important, if your not, then whatever suits your objective would be fine ie. (whatever rattle can you have on the shelf)

When we restored my 70 GTX a few years back...anything like that where we didn't know the answer....was shot in semi-gloss black. No-one ever questioned that decision. My painter friend still does that to this day.

Semi I imagine.. like most things Mopar...
beerestoration2018 769.JPG

Mine looked gloss on the 69.

they were gloss black from the factory

Auto Transport Service
Back