• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed shifter hump install 1965 Dodge Coronet

Jetblast

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Hello All, I am building this 65 Coronet 500 and part of the build is a 4 speed. I have the hump (although it looks new it looks like it was welded in and then removed) and would like to get the floor cut and the hump welded in.
In know that there have been threads about this and I have researched a bunch and this is what I have found.
1. The hump should center on the tunnel and sit just about right. A little adjusting on the boot should cover it if it is not in just the right place. OK, if I was cutting a hole in someone else's car, that may be the right answer but..... (just kidding I would never do that).
2. Before you remove the transmission, draw out the area needed for the shifter. This was great advice but if anyone has seen my thread on the build, the car was basically a shell without even a seat to look at.
Hopefully you can see where this is going, I need to cut a hole and I would like to do it well. I was a little surprised that I couldn't find templates since this is something that has been done thousands of times over several models.
If you may have some measurements from a known point whether for the cut or the hump location, I would be very grateful. I am offering a slightly used upper or lower ball joint, your choice, as a reward for your help. All you do is pay $29.95 s&h, but wait... .

There is a picture of mine its is original 4 speed car on my thread Dave L 426 street wedge

Auto Transport Service
Back