• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 chassis dyno

INTMD8

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
For those who might be interested. It's weak sauce but thought I would share :)

I bought this car as a partially completed project so not sure of all the details as far as the engine is concerned.

I believe it's just a freshened up 90's crate engine with a big-ish hyd flat tappet. (Idles at around 9in vacuum at 950rpm)

Has a single plane edelbrock intake, dual avs 650's. Firecore distributor, rev-n-nator, msd coil.

TKO600, Dana 60 w 4.10's (that and steel wheels probably don't help).

It engine dyno'd at 520hp and the graph stopped at 6100 rpm. This was with headers.

In the car I'm running manifolds and a full 2.5in exhaust (crush bent, came with the car).

Made the most power at 33deg total (I'm running 20 initial).

Wouldn't rev past 6100, just breaks up. I suspect valve springs and think that's also why the engine dyno stopped at the same rpm.

I'm thinking of upping the compression, porting the heads, roller cam and EFI but may just drive it like this for another year as I only have 600 miles on it since completed.

In the video I ran it without the air cleaner. It made the same power with it on, just wanted to try it.

Z4nWZH.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back