• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 426 HEMI POWER BRAKE BOOSTER OFF SET BRACKET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLMHEMI

Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
426 HEMI POWER BRAKE BOOSTER BRACKET, THIS IS A REPRODUCTION UNIT THAT I'VE HAD FOR MANY YEARS AND NEVER USED. I BELIEVE I BOUGHT IT FROM PHIL NEWCOMB BACK IN THE DAY. $400.00 OPEN TO OFFERS...

4 speeds Hemi Brk Brkt 010.JPG 4 speeds Hemi Brk Brkt 012.JPG 4 speeds Hemi Brk Brkt 011.JPG 4 speeds Hemi Brk Brkt 014.JPG

What makes this a hemi booster bracket?
Im getting ready to convert from power to manual brakes before l install the hemi.
Will this allow me to remove the valve cover and which booster do l need?

What makes this a hemi booster bracket?
Im getting ready to convert from power to manual brakes before l install the hemi.
Will this allow me to remove the valve cover and which booster do l need?
You dont need this bracket if you are going to "manual brakes"

PLMHEMI has the bracket. PM 'd you about the booster not sure if it fit the bracket.

The booster diameter is 8 7/8". Measured my booster and Hemi bracket on my car. Bracket measurements close not exact, maybe PLMHEMI can confirm? Booster doesn't fit by my measurements. Rebuilder move them to fit, it is small amount. A hassle Yes! Would not make bracket fit. The booster wouldn't work on disc brakes.
If your worried about removing valve cover with booster on can be done. First remove plugs, remove spark plug tubes 1.3 and 5, 7 comes off with cover ( goes on in reinstalling with cover.( for automatic cars)
ppb7.jpg
Remove front throttle spring and throttle cable bracket. Spring for throttle pressure control linkage. Unbolt cover lift up toward carbs and off it comes.

I can replace #7 plug with my booster on,oem style booster none disc car.
Takes some tools,& patience but can be done
Without removing anything else.

I can replace #7 plug with my booster on,oem style booster none disc car.
Takes some tools,& patience but can be done
Without removing anything else.
Spark socket, 3"+ 1" extensions ratchet to loosen plug remove extensions hook socket if plug falls a hose on to plug.
I was talking about removing valve cover for valve adjustment, I might not have been clear. Everybody has a process they're comfortable with.

Last edited:
This is and old post buy maybe I can help clear things up. The oem hemi booster was different than a regular Bendix booster for a b body. The studs coming out of the booster are bigger in diameter and spaced differently. The rod coming out of the back of the booster drops down and is not straight. There may be some internal differences, I am told. The current reproduction that you can still get (possibly) is based on the newer repop booster which is just like the oem one used on non hemi. So, I’m not sure which booster the Newcomb bracket was based on but that would need to be known in order to get a booster. Now, the flat rod that comes out of the bracket that attaches to the brake pedal is different between and e body and b body. The e body is 5/8”or 3/4” longer. I have an oem e body hemi booster and bracket and I could use a b body rod. I might be interested in the bracket if the flat rod is correct for a b body. I have some pictures on my phone if I need to post them.

This Hemi bracket was bought for a 1970 Roadrunner that used an Original Hemi brake booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back