• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440/535” Hemi head conversion build

rev.ronnie

Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
440, bored to 4.35”, stroked to 4.5” Stage V Hemi Head conversion. 535” and getting a dual throttle body EFI.

Video of the finished block. There are many more videos on similar subjects, and this block as well. Just sharing, no longer taking in work. I have my analogy backwards at the end.

Some may find it interesting, some may find me and my blue gloves annoying.

Last edited:
Cam tunnel index correction. Using a .010” over bearing set. Some of the MP Hemi blocks are so bad I do a 55mm cam core, as the OEM only come in .010” over.

Ya know ,we got the AC on in Houston today,if ya lookin to move, we need ya here

Time for me to retire. I’m actually moving everything to an addition on my workshop building at the lake house this spring. Putting a Rheem 5 ton/130BTU HVAC on that area

593A972B-2EFC-43EB-B50D-C7C0586EE5A5.jpeg

Ya know ,we got the AC on in Houston today,if ya lookin to move, we need ya here
Been doing some running around and at 9am, it was fairly comfortable running down the freeway with the vent open but not at 11. Closed the vent and turned on the AC. It's unreal that it still works half way decent in my 25 year old Dakota lol

Been doing some running around and at 9am, it was fairly comfortable running down the freeway with the vent open but not at 11. Closed the vent and turned on the AC. It's unreal that it still works half way decent in my 25 year old Dakota lol

Come to NYS and your 25 year old Dakota will look like this from the salt and winter snow! Jealous!

1D7HG38N44S518354_1.jpg

:rofl::thumbsup:

Hemi head conversion??

Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

Come to NYS and your 25 year old Dakota will look like this from the salt and winter snow! Jealous!

View attachment 869040

:rofl::thumbsup:
:lol: Used to live in Massachusetts and know about metal cancer! Gets damn hot here and for long periods of time plus living in the Houston area makes things worse with the high humidity. It was 80 here yesterday and feels like it might make that again today. This is right after being in the mid 40's for the high temps a few days ago :(

Cool build. Keep it coming!

Thanks! There are more videos on this build on the FB page as well.
I’m nearing completion as I no longer do assembly here. (Very rare).
The shop I’m doing it for will take it from here. Will be an easy build, I’ve mocked up and clearanced everything.

What are the key words or links to the vids? I get the same stuff that greycharger posted....

What are the key words or links to the vids? I get the same stuff that greycharger posted....

I’m not sure.. I’m thinking some people are seeing them.
Look up "Cedar Machine Service" on Facebook and look under videos. Lots there.

I’m not sure.. I’m thinking some people are seeing them.
Look up "Cedar Machine Service" on Facebook and look under videos. Lots there.

Dit one!? Cedar Machine Service, retiring fall 2019

Edit....Yup

My 92 dakota v8 trailer tow and diesel straight cut tranny gears does not look that bad
just put a new pick a part bed on it

Auto Transport Service
Back