• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 7 Quart oil pans in B Bodys

JackpotJim

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Working on a 440 engine build that will be installed in my 66 Coronet later this year. The oil pan on the engine in the car now looks like it came off a 4x4 pick up truck that went through a war. Going to replace it and could not help noticing quite a few cheap (under $100.00) 7 quart pans listed on ebay. Anyone have any experience with any of these in regards to fit or function? I figured I would ask before ordering a Moroso or Milodon. Thank you
57532961_2346450938700935_1699891877584568320_n.jpg

install a skid plate to protect oil pan, may help. my 2 cents

oh yea, nice car

440 source and Mancini carry what’s basically those cheap ebay pans you’re talking about. I got mine from one of them, 440source I think, and it works great.

I’d get it from one of them, at least if there are problems you have someone to call.

Plenty of generic 7 qt pans. If they come without a baffle you may want to tack weld one in. The 440 pan being flat is easy to seal. Small block is another matter and needs to be precise. Glue the gasket to the block with a thin 1/8" bead of weather strip glue. Use a thin bead of RTV at the timing cover junction, bridge junction and fill the bridge bolt hole recess. Then a 3/16" bead of RTV on the pan. If you're using a windage tray apply a small bead of RTV on each side it. Do not over tighten. Watch the gasket. If it starts to press outward its getting to tight. Any 440 pan that is relatively straight will seal this way. I prefer Ultra Grey RTV.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back