• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 and trans

scott brooks

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
I just picked up a 69 440 it s a good running engine small hydraulic cam and aluminum intake and a 727 trans I’m a small block guy so I have no idea what to ask for it where would be a good starting point to price it at thanks for your help

Hello Scott, My advice to anyone selling anything is to go online and search like your trying to buy what your selling. That will give you a ballpark idea. Also the folks on here will provide good advice.

Last edited:
Date of manufacture, casting numbers of block, heads, and intake. Compression test, history, accessories, vacuum test
Videos of an engine running are good, but the audio can sometimes make a motor sound noisier than it actually is.

Just keep one thing in mind, If you are re-selling an engine & trans that you have no idea
of it's history or condition inside, you may be trying to get top dollar for a boat anchor.
Or not!

OEM completeness drives value, i.e. something with all original manifolds, and engine accessories, carb, etc
Is it an hp stamped block?

Next is verified running condition

If you don't have any of those 3 then you're going to have trouble getting very much. The range of completeness and correctness and condition is probably $500-3500.

Hello Scott, My advice to anyone selling anything is to go online and search like your tryingto buy what your selling. That will give you a ballpark idea. Also the folks on here will provide good advice.
Good advice. This always works for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back