• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 bearings

stage3

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
just picked up my 440 short block from the builder today..was told without input from me, they installed 1/2 groove main bearings because that is what is considered optimum today.
king bearings mb5116xp main bearings.
is this what people r running? i'm running a dual external milodon oil system with adj pressure valve...mostly street but will track it some,,shift points r 6500.max HP will be appx 750.is this acceptable? or should i change the cap bearing shell to a 3/4 or full?..everything else looks good,,just did not ask which irritates me....thanks

The stock main bearings are 1/2 groove, I'm gonna go with 3/4 groove mains on my motor.

The stock main bearings are 1/2 groove, I'm gonna go with 3/4 groove mains on my motor.
yes but , because they r from the same manf and same stock clerance, cant 1 mix and match? and i agree with the 3/4 groove units,i always used the full grooved units,,the rods get more oil...motors not going in for awhile,,,easy enough to pull main caps,,,just want opinions from the expert racers on here before i do it,,,thanks.

Use what you have the most confidence in.
Otherwise you may always have that hanging over your head.

Auto Transport Service
Back