• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 bench seat questions

dukeboy_318

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
my bench seat in my 440, well its toast, foam wise and covering. Been trying to find replacement foam and covers online, but no one seems to carry them for the standard bench. Other than a custom job, I'm thinking it might be best to simply find a driver quality bench to replace it.

Anyone happen to have one near Indiana they wanna sell?

521981-15df8c2d88d71082faefa742ea99c386.jpg

I got a seat cover for a front non-split bench for a 64 Fury from Legendary.
Upholstered myself, not that difficult. Watched their videos, not very helpful for every seat style. Just recreated what I removed.
If I did it again I might try to source the materials from their install kit locally, might save a few bucks.

I've had some interior work done by local shops and was surprised with the results and the price wasn't as much as expected. Some shops even have the info on what the older cars look like. As for the foam, several of them just cut what they need. You can even add some for more comfort etc.

I've had some interior work done by local shops and was surprised with the results and the price wasn't as much as expected. Some shops even have the info on what the older cars look like. As for the foam, several of them just cut what they need. You can even add some for more comfort etc.
this is one option I'm looking at. Local shop, the only one in town that'll do automotive, wants 1900 to do one. I thought that was a bit steep. But maybe not

this is one option I'm looking at. Local shop, the only one in town that'll do automotive, wants 1900 to do one. I thought that was a bit steep. But maybe not
Do one seat??

Front/rear seat covers, 2 install kits, carpet, visors, with shipping were less than that.
I installed, no overhead, big difference.

Another car they had no seat covers for so I went to a local place, $3,800 for front/rear seats.
Contacted a retired upholstery guy I met thru a friend who works at home, front/rear seats, door/rear panels, package tray, less than half.

Ask around, you might get lucky.

Auto Transport Service
Back