• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 440 Engine topped with Edelbrock parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migsbig

Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Have a early 1960's 440 Dodge engine that was rebuilt with Edelbrock Performer RPM Cylinder heads, Crane 1.5 ratio Gold rockers, has all accessories, forged crank and comes with an Edelbrock 440 intake that will need to be machined to work on the engine. A lot of stuff was done and has around 15k miles from what I was told and said to have .030 piston for pump gas, though it was stored in dry crate, the block looks a little dirty and could use some detailing. I'm selling it for only $2900 cash. engine brackets are included. Located in San Jose, CA.

IMG_9509.JPG
IMG_9512.JPG
IMG_9506.JPG
IMG_9515.JPG
IMG_9518.JPG
IMG_9513.JPG
IMG_9524.JPG

Last edited:
Are you willing to ship?
Any idea what cam?
Will a ch4b work on it?

Sorry for the questions, maybe I should have sent a pm :)

sorry, not willing to ship.
you may pm me for more info though.

Why does the intake need machined to fit the heads/block? What do you believe the problem is? Are you able to spin the motor over with a socket?
I'm not "too" far out of the way for this...

the intake on it before was a six pak I wasn't planning on using it, so I sold it and got a RPM. When I went to mount it, the holes were not lined up, thus meaning when they rebuild the engine, they most likely decked the block and the intake will need milled on sides to fit the block. Common thing to do to clean up a block and raise compression. I had it done on a 360 and the machine shop only charged me $110 at the time. It was hard to run a socket on it while it was in the crate, but when I get back from Fall Fling sunday, I can see about turning the crank.

Another way to make it work without Milling the intake manifold face, is to elongate the bolt holes. You may also have to match the port alignment again. I did this on a 440 once and it worked fine

They may have milled the heads, and didn't do the intake face on the head. That motor looks like one I did a couple years ago. Eddy heads, Crane Gold Rockers, brand new Six Pack intake and carbs, and I also put a Voodoo Roller Cam in it. Does it have a roller cam? And the intake wouldn't fit right at first.

I don't think it's the same one. I didn't use that much silicone around the ports, plus I had installed a new oil pump

turns our the block was not decked. Previous owner had almost double thick intake gasket on the valley pan, so the intake slid right on when we removed the gasket. A buddy needed a runner for his kids car and going over if for almost 2 hours before buying it and loaded it up. Gave them a $500 discount, now they can get a Carb an headers. Thanks every for the info an thanks to Joey for the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back