• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 engine weight

justjim

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
i am in the process of buying a 440 motor complete with exhaust manifolds what do you think the total weight might be ? i have tried fastenal for shipping and for some reason they split the united states in half and they don't ship from montana to wisconsin ?? montana is in the western zone and wisconsin is in the eastern zone !!

Fully dressed? Probably close to 800lbs. Well Im off Hughes says 670
https://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/5engineweights.php

Screenshot_20220127-095212_Chrome.jpg

Yep! I woulda guessed 600 lbs. You have to add any crating etc, so you may get closer to 800 all said and done for shipping! Try a trucking co. that deals in LTL, less that load shipping. I'm hearing prices for shipping these days are thru the roof! ruffcut

Fastenal has gone to crap. They always did take a lot of effort and the help uninviting, but their prices were reasonable.
If you can figure a way to get it to Bell Fourche,or Rapid City, SD, you can ship with Speedee Delivery and save a lot of money. A call tag to pick up there is $8.. On a pallet and strapped down is good enough for them, they aren't picky.

Last edited:
Yep! I woulda guessed 600 lbs. You have to add any crating etc, so you may get closer to 800 all said and done for shipping! Try a trucking co. that deals in LTL, less that load shipping. I'm hearing prices for shipping these days are thru the roof! ruffcut
spee dee delivery from Bismark N Dakota to Plover wisconsin on a pallet $113.00 !!! can't beat THAT !!

They will pick up right on the border of both North and South Dakota. My like new Hobart welder on a cart had no box, or pallet. They strapped it to a wall and brought it to me from Racine for $40. I love those guys

Old Dominion we use for shipping machine tool parts Hydraulic units, spindle chillers, etc.

worth a call maybe if you want to shop around

Auto Transport Service
Back