• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 440 Heads & Block St.Louis Area or Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleBeeper

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 440 block with caps & some 452 (or maybe 975) heads with the valve gear. I'm now in St.Louis, MO and can drive a reasonable distance to meet you. What do you have?

I don’t know if it’ll help you out but I have a 75 block and caps (no rear main) come and get it and it’s yours. The block will need at least 2 sleeves, Located in northwest Indiana 46307 I’ll post a couple pics for you

Had the block fluxed no cracks, 2 cylinders came back at .060 over so you'll need a couple sleeves. I think it’s pretty reasonable to have sleeves installed. I also just found LY rods and 6 caps (no idea where the other 2 went...) but like I said if you want it and willing to come pick it up it’s yours. Here’s a couple pics

539E9854-4B05-4DAE-BD40-6ADCC053B277.jpeg
3B140E85-5A25-43C5-BBD1-61BFCE2D8746.jpeg
630C37B3-3211-4B7C-ABF6-3FABB491C679.jpeg

I have a 1970 block with a good .030 bore, rods and pistons and a couple of sets of 906 heads that have been baked and blasted.

I have a 1970 block with a good .030 bore, rods and pistons and a couple of sets of 906 heads that have been baked and blasted.

Hey Hemirunner.... how far "down south" are you? If you're within driving distance of St.Louis, please PM me and send some pics and information. I'd hate to have to ship a block.

I don’t know if it’ll help you out but I have a 75 block and caps (no rear main) come and get it and it’s yours. The block will need at least 2 sleeves, Located in northwest Indiana 46307 I’ll post a couple pics for you
1967coronet440.... you are the man! Thanks for the offer. If I can't find anything local, I may just take you up on the block. I did buy some reconditioned LY rods yesterday. I still need block/heads & all the little bolt on stuff. I've got the intake/carbs.

1967coronet440.... you are the man! Thanks for the offer. If I can't find anything local, I may just take you up on the block. I did buy some reconditioned LY rods yesterday. I still need block/heads & all the little bolt on stuff. I've got the intake/carbs.
No problem, let me know.

Hey Hemirunner.... how far "down south" are you? If you're within driving distance of St.Louis, please PM me and send some pics and information. I'd hate to have to ship a block.
I’m actually in Peoria, IL. Easy round trip for you. I’ll put some pictures and info together when I’m at the shop next.

I have a pair of 4006452 cylinder heads. The price for the heads with rockers, shafts and hold downs is $100.00.
There are 2 valve springs and retainers missing from one head. I am in northwest Indiana and could meet you part
way to eliminate shipping costs.
John

I have a pair of 4006452 cylinder heads. The price for the heads with rockers, shafts and hold downs is $100.00.
There are 2 valve springs and retainers missing from one head. I am in northwest Indiana and could meet you part
way to eliminate shipping costs.
John
Thanks John, your price is right & I appreciate the offer. I think I've got a line on a set of re-done heads at a killer price, but if it falls through I will let you know. I can deal with a couple missing springs since I will probably put a really mild cam in this motor and will probably put new springs in just to be sure. PM me a price on just the rockers/bars if you would separate them. I think I will be headed your direction to meet up with Hemirunner soon, maybe weekend after next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back