• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 HP Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

agarred3

Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a HP J code bare block. Block has grease in all cylinders. Must pickup. Asking $250, also have 440 crankshaft and pistons. Not sure if usable or not but will go with the engine.

Also have another J code, non HP long block. Don't know much about it, its missing the intake but has the heads and oil pan on it. Asking $300 and local pickup only.

Thanks

Look on the side of the block on the passenger side just below where the head bolts on. Mine spare block says 8 * 6 * 69, meaning it was cast on August 6, 1969. My 70 Road Runner has a 1974 motor in it and I looked for one that was cast close to October 1969 when it was built. If I did a full resto at least the block would be correct date code even though it was not the original motor with my VIN on it.

Casting date

If those are J-code blocks, then they're probably from the 1973 model year. Thus, casting year will be 1972 or 1973.

SuperFly TNT

Yep, I just checked both of the blocks and they have 73 stamped in them. Hard to make out the first 2 numbers but 73 is the year.

#`s on the upper pad

Numbers & year, on the upper front pad.
C - 67
D - 68
E - 69
F - 70
G - 71
H - 72
I - 73
J - 74

:hello2:

Numbers & year, on the upper front pad.
C - 67
D - 68
E - 69
F - 70
G - 71
H - 72
I - 73
J - 74

:hello2:

Unfortunately the initial "I" was not used, probably because it resembled a "1". So, Ma Mopar skipped the I and went straight to the J when model year 72 changed into 73. 74 would be K, etc.

SuperFly TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back