• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 440 HP Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzolds

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
440 HP Running Engine
Local Pickup Only: Bridgewater, MA
Price: $3500.00
Payment Methods Accepted: Cash At Pickup
Comment: I bought a 71 4 speed Super Bee to restore that came with this engine as seen in the picture. Car originally came from the factory with a 383 car, seller installed this 440 HP motor that I no longer need. Seller started to restore the car some time ago but never finished. I was told by the seller that the engine had been rebuilt by previous owner but have no paperwork to prove. When I bought the car, the engine readily started up and idled nicely, sounded nice at idle, and when revving the engine while in park it sounded nice, no skips, bogging, no indication of burning oil out the pipes, etc. Beyond this, I cannot comment about the engine performance. Engine has been out of the car for 3 years sitting in my heated garage, finally getting around to selling it to install a 426 Hemi a friend of mine had available, since the car was no longer number matching car. The engine comes complete with exhaust manifolds, rebuilt carburetor (have paperwork), air cleaner base and lid, distributor, etc. as pictured. Have more pictures if needed, post is limited to 10. Thanks for looking!!!!

71 Super Bee-003.jpg

1018220033.jpg

0809222043.jpg

0809222043a.jpg

0809222044.jpg

0809222045.jpg

0809222045a.jpg

0809222045b.jpg

0809222047a.jpg

0809222058a.jpg

I would be a buyer at 3 grand, I am in Attleboro Massachusetts and can pick up. The exhaust manifolds are non HP manifolds. If it had the HP manifolds I could do the $3500.

I would be a buyer at 3 grand, I am in Attleboro Massachusetts and can pick up. The exhaust manifolds are non HP manifolds. If it had the HP manifolds I could do the $3500.

Hello,
I was not aware of the exhaust manifolds were specific to the HP engines. When do you want to come pick it up, it is your if you want it.

Comments and personal information removed. Send it through a personal message.

That confirms it as an F440 HP. It is a 70 serial number.
That is good to know, thank you.

I have a commitment to buy from one of the FBBO members, lives about an hour away from me.

Coming over later today to pick it up, if he is not aware of this being a 70 serial number, I will be sure to let him know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back