• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Super Stealth heads

IQ52

Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Yeah we went and did it.

Bought a pair of Super Stealth heads to test.

They'll be here next week. If they really are better'n the standard Stealth head, that'll really be somthin'. 'Cause with the OOTB Stealth flows we tested at 281 cfm @ .700" lift, we have been able to take them all the way to 350 cfm.

Come on FedEX! Hurry!

Im waiting for test results! Hell Im still waiting for some victor maxwedge testing from anybody!Maybe you can do some :toothy10:

You got 350 out of standard stealth heads ? Wow thats good. Did you take them to max wedge size ? Ron

You got 350 out of standard stealth heads ? Wow thats good. Did you take them to max wedge size ? Ron

Yeah, we've done 350 cfm with the RPMs and the standard Stealth. Not all the way to Max Wedge height and nowhere near Max Wedge width because they got this pushrod gouge along side the port. That is why I'm curious about the Super Stealth.

I am with Ron, nothing against the super stealths, but what did you do to get numbers like that out of old stealths?

Mike

I am with Ron, nothing against the super stealths, but what did you do to get numbers like that out of old stealths?

Mike

Well, I sorta do some things to the seats and valves, I hand the heads over to my son and he hand ports them. He hands them back and we put them on the flowbench. Then we go over them with a "fine tooth nose" and he does some more porting. Back to the flowbench,"nose", grind, f'bench, "nose" grind, f'bench....yada.....yada.......yada.......seats, grind, f'bench, seats, f'bench. Something like that.

LOL, In other words ancient chinese secrets!

:D Mike

Im waiting for test results! Hell Im still waiting for some victor maxwedge testing from anybody!Maybe you can do some :toothy10:

I posted up mine when i got them back. Course IQ52 might be able to get the same or better numbers. Ill be getting mine to a friend of my dads for the final cutting on the seats. But still interested in what you can do with the supers since my dad is looking at getting a set for his car.

Now that would be fun, wouldn't it Rob. Your 383 eh?

On a side note, I just got a call from FedEx saying a package was being delivered today that I must sign for. That sounds like 440 Source. Did they ship those heads overnight? They might be more anxious that the rest of us.

Cool! I'll be checkin this thread out frequently. Yeah Jim, I've got literally everything I need to assemble the short block now. I just need to find the time.

Well, I sorta do some things to the seats and valves, I hand the heads over to my son and he hand ports them. He hands them back and we put them on the flowbench. Then we go over them with a "fine tooth nose" and he does some more porting. Back to the flowbench,"nose", grind, f'bench, "nose" grind, f'bench....yada.....yada.......yada.......seats, grind, f'bench, seats, f'bench. Something like that.

Jim another-words allot of freaken', back & forth testing in-between or between the flow bench & the grinding/porting benchs... keep us posted, I can't wait

- - - Updated - - -

good luck too

Jim another-words allot of freaken', back & forth testing in-between or between the flow bench & the grinding/porting benchs... keep us posted, I can't wait

- - - Updated - - -

good luck too

Yo Budnicks, I kinda figured this thread would catch your attention. Just found out the heads will be here TOMORROW! Should have some information over the weekend. But there won't be really big flows until I can get the good seats in.

you know me, I do love them "head" threads...LOL... a wise old professional engine builder/racer/head porter, once told me, "the 3 most important parts to a race engine, are 1st & foremost the Cylinder Heads..., 2nd the Cylinder Heads... & last but not least 3rd THE CYLINDER HEADS"...... I'm waiting, while sitting on pins & needles..... I also predict something near 400+cfm intake flow, if they are a full-on port job, of course all depending on valve & seat size &/or cut/undercut, then maybe 70% of what you get on the intake ports, will be your exhaust CFM flow rate maybe 280+cfm....................... do you have any predictions Jim ??

- - - Updated - - -

are these going to be used on anything special/specific ??

- - - Updated - - -

are they going to be a what can I get out of these heads ??, or Conservative port job for a specific type build ??

He's gonna send them to me for my early birthday present in March for my 383.

:headbang:

Jim, you been playing with them Indys of mine yet? I kinda wondered what they do. I haven't put the stealths on my other motor yet, but they sure look great, Kent.

Jim, you been playing with them Indys of mine yet? I kinda wondered what they do. I haven't put the stealths on my other motor yet, but they sure look great, Kent.

Kent, we washed them up and tested them. Indy 325 CNC 440-1.

..............I/E, as received

.100.............65/61
.200...........142/115
.300...........212/158
.400...........265/207
.500...........306/237
.600...........343/257
.700...........358/276
.800...........368/287

They vary a bit, from a low of 366/271, to a high of 372/309

- - - Updated - - -

you know me, I do love them "head" threads...LOL... a wise old professional engine builder/racer/head porter, once told me, "the 3 most important parts to a race engine, are 1st & foremost the Cylinder Heads..., 2nd the Cylinder Heads... & last but not least 3rd THE CYLINDER HEADS"...... I'm waiting, while sitting on pins & needles..... I also predict something near 400+cfm intake flow, if they are a full-on port job, of course all depending on valve & seat size &/or cut/undercut, then maybe 70% of what you get on the intake ports, will be your exhaust CFM flow rate maybe 280+cfm....................... do you have any predictions Jim ??

- - - Updated - - -

are these going to be used on anything special/specific ??

- - - Updated - - -

are they going to be a what can I get out of these heads ??, or Conservative port job for a specific type build ??

I don't think they will approach 400 cfm, but nobody knows at this point, I haven't even layed eyes on them yet. I do predict they will be for sale.

Auto Transport Service
Back