• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 source super stealths

dsd1967

Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of feedback on the 440 source stealths, but I haven't seen anything on how their super stealths perform. Has anyone built up a set of these and ran the numbers? How do they compare to the Eddy Victors or the Procomp knockoffs?

I'm looking into whats the best way to go on a 512 for mild street use and it will probably never see the strip in my hands. I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck.

I know with the super stealths you still need to have the final valve cut to the size you plan on useing but looking at the numbers they seems like they flow the same as the victors. My dad is looking at these for his build, he's planning on the same size from a 400 block but twin turbos.

Buy the Edelbrock 440 RPM's

I've seen a lot of feedback on the 440 source stealths, but I haven't seen anything on how their super stealths perform. Has anyone built up a set of these and ran the numbers? How do they compare to the Eddy Victors or the Procomp knockoffs?

I'm looking into whats the best way to go on a 512 for mild street use and it will probably never see the strip in my hands. I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck.

I would say just buy the Edelbrock 440 Performer RPM in 88cc or 84cc combustion chambers as assembled heads, best over all bang for the buck, no special parts needed like the other 3 heads listed, especially if your not going racing, you don't really need or want a too big of a port, it can kill bottom end torque & drive-ability {with out going to expensive custom camshaft, valve train & exhaust}, the Edelbrock Victor, Super Stealth & ProComp are for higher RPM large cubic inch engine use, either can be made to work especially the Victors are great heads but if you not racing they are way over kill for a 512 mild street combo & much more expensive to complete, raised exhaust ports & special valve train parts needed on all 3 listed...

2 years ago I bought a set of Stealth's and installing the front lower outside ear broke off where the head bolt go's threw.
440 didn't do anything for warranty.
Bought my 2nd set of eddy's.
My .02

Auto Transport Service
Back