• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 stamp pad

63SplitWindow

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some help with the numbers on this stamp pad. They are:
G440
F 7114
I know the G440 means 71 casting but I can't make sense of the rest.
Here is pic
Thanks

20220617_122216.jpg

Looks like a rebuilders stamping.
If you look super close , might be able to see more #s with the same font as the G440.
First time I've seen a flat head screw holding a valley tin with no reinforcement bar

Looks like a rebuilders stamping.
If you look super close , might be able to see more #s with the same font as the G440.
First time I've seen a flat head screw holding a valley tin with no reinforcement bar
Motor is on a stand and not fully assembled.....cover just on to keep out dirt until rebuild

What # is to the left of the 19 ? Looks like a 5 but can't quite tell. If it is the motor was built May 19

What # is to the left of the 19 ? Looks like a 5 but can't quite tell. If it is the motor was built May 19
Wow, you have good peeps......I did not see that until I hit with wire brush......yes....It is a 5.
And there is also a "C" in the lower right corner of the pad that came up under the wheel.

Some moron stamped the job number at the machine shop that did work to it (F7114). This is why I use a sharpie for initials. A little carb cleaner and it is clean...

Wow, you have good peeps......I did not see that until I hit with wire brush......yes....It is a 5.
And there is also a "C" in the lower right corner of the pad that came up under the wheel.
Not sure what the "C" in the right lower corner is.
If there was an "LC" stamped there it means - Low Compression
Maybe somebody else could help to identify that.

Looks like a 5 to the left of the 19. 5/19 build date.

mine reads f440 left side and hp bottom right, anyone care to decipher this

Auto Transport Service
Back