• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

471 to a 489

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
So the thing I am asking is the yoke universal bearing bigger on the 489 . If so is their a yoke I can buy so I can run the smaller bearing like the 471 run's. Not doing this just yet but maybe in the next year or so.

There are basically four rear-end yokes. Big u-joint, fine and coarse pinion spline, and small u-joint fine and coarse spline. They all interchange if the splines match, 741,742, 489, all use the same size.
There are also billet steel yokes for the bigger 1350 u-joint. You might need that with 500+hp, and a stick or transbrake, and slicks.
(and your title should be 741, not 471. 471s and 489s are usually stroker big blocks.)

There is a conversion joint that allows you to use a drive shaft /yoke combination. Where one is a 7260 joint and the other is the 7290.. If that is what you are trying to do. Joint 2-0527 ??

Dam finger hit the wrong number. Yes you are right on. I will probably need to change the one on the drive shaft. Will check it out soon. Want to put that sure grip in. Thanks guy's. Blue.

Auto Transport Service
Back