• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4dr rear windows

diesel_lv

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
Quick question, I went to roll my rear windows down on my '67 Coronet. They ( both) only go down 1/2 way. I don't remember as a kid riding in the back seat if they went all the way down or not. Before I remove the panels, are they supposed to only go down 1/2 way? Thanks.

I don't remember how our 66 Belvedere wagon windows worked. It's been gone for many years now. However, I recently owned a Lincoln Town Car, and the rear door windows only went half way. I figured out that the rear doors had the "cutout" over the rear wheel arches, which limited the room for the windows and regulators to work in. Could that be the issue on a B Body Mopar?

I didn’t think that started til late 70’s GM downsized junk.

They go all the way down on my ‘68 Satellite 4 door and ‘68 Satellite wagon.

I have a 67 4dr coronet 440 parts car. Just tried a back window. It bottomed out and there was about 2.5 inches of glass still sticking out/up. Seems like it should go all the way down. Maybe there's something in the regulator that can be adjusted.

they used to sell a universal kit for older cars after manu started doing it for saftey with kids . was only a couple dollars .

Here's where they both stop. They don't feel like they hit a "stop", but start to drag to a stop.
20220401_131211.jpg

Google your car in images and it shows some all the way down and some like yours.
One car the passenger side was down and the driver side was up 2” or so.
I would say they should go all the way down but looks like a common issue when they don’t.

I will add to the confusion. On my 67 440 4dr the passenger rear rolls all the way down my driver's rear stops 2 inches from flush. I didn't try to force it.
BTW if you need any parts I'm parting it for a build

Nice, clean looking car.

Pretty easy to remove the crank, arm rest and door panel to see if it's on the stop.

If it's not, then the fun begins.

Measure the width of the glass (including the tracks) and then take that measurement down the door until the door gets narrower than the glass.

That's where it should stop at slightly lower than the bottom of the glass (simply because physics dictates it won't fit).

From the pic it looks like it could go all the way down.

I'd take that panel off.

Be careful not to tear the cardboard,

Get the proper tool.

1.jpg

Nice, clean looking car.

Pretty easy to remove the crank, arm rest and door panel to see if it's on the stop.

If it's not, then the fun begins.

Measure the width of the glass (including the tracks) and then take that measurement down the door until the door gets narrower than the glass.

That's where it should stop at slightly lower than the bottom of the glass (simply because physics dictates it won't fit).

From the pic it looks like it could go all the way down.

I'd take that panel off.

Be careful not to tear the cardboard,

Get the proper tool.

View attachment 1266127
Got the tools and now it's just getting my lazy butt out there. I replaced the rollers in my '68 Javelin, '74 Cougar, '76 Stepside so I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out. Just didn't want to tear into if I didn't need to. Thanks for all the hrlp.

I have a 67 Belvedere 4 door and just replaced the back passenger regulator. The rear windows go all the way down. I had to lube up the regulator and tracks but everything is smooth now

Little late to this thread... I've got a 66 Belvedere II four door and my rear windows go all the way down.

Update: finally pulled the rear door panels, the felt strip that guides the windows down had slipped down and was obstructing the windows from going all the way down. I was able to push the guides back up so they seal at the top now and don't obstruct on the bottom. Greased the roller tracks and the gear. Both roll all the way down now.

Auto Transport Service
Back