• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4spd ???

Allwayslooking

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what kind of car this 4spd came out of, I know the year is 1967. Any help would be appreciated

0108EF56-A27C-47FC-B71F-9A2CB678425E.jpeg ADA3B8FB-6A37-4AA8-920A-DB51FDBE7FF4.png

Need better pics. Stamped pad. Casting dates. 18 or 23 spline input shaft?

If the VIN is stamped on the pad, I would say that it has to be 68 and newer....I believe they only started stamping the pads with the VIN mid year 68. I have seen early 68 builds without the VIN stamped on the pad. Get us a better pic of that transmission pad. Looks like there is a partial VIN stamped on the upper portion.

What's the digit before the G?

If that's an 8, that means its out of a 68 built in St Louis plant. It was the 49,536th car off the line that year at that plant as he serial numbers started at 100000.

Thought St Louis was 7 in 66. 8 was export in 66, maybe it changed?

Thought St Louis was 7 in 66. 8 was export in 66, maybe it changed?

The trans wouldn't have any VIN stamped on that pad in 66 or 67 at all. That partial VIN being on the pad indicates its out of a 68 or newer and the 8 in the 1st digit backs up the 68 year I'd say. The second character in that partial VIN stamping is a G which indicates the St. Louis plant.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back