• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Hemi Engine swap on 70 RR (Project)

Caterpillars

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Picked up a new project - 1970 RR, originally 383 4-speed. I've always wanted to do a conversion and found this one which was already started (many are telling me to put a 383 4-speed back in, but I've done the numbers matching project and am ready to do something new). Came with new 5.7 crate and a new 5-speed Tremec transmission. Has a Quicktime Bellhousing and I believe a Ram clutch which is hydraulically operated. Trans and motor are in car but I took trans out because I found the throw-out bearing in the parts box (someone didn't have a clue). My first problem is the "Hurst driveline conversion kit has a bunch of stuff, and I have no installation instructions. Went to Hurst website - nothing. There is a guy on U-Tube doing a mustang, but this kit is suppose to be for a 70 RR. So here I start and I'am going to need help from you experts, but please limit the clutter and opinions. I want this thread to be informative for other attempting this conversion. Thanks in advance.

My first problem is the "Hurst driveline conversion kit has a bunch of stuff, and I have no installation instructions. Went to Hurst website - nothing. There is a guy on U-Tube doing a mustang, but this kit is suppose to be for a 70 RR. So here I start and I'am going to need help from you experts, but please limit the clutter and opinions. I want this thread to be informative for other attempting this conversion. Thanks in advance.

Real easy, start off by calling Hurst-Drivelines and ask for a copy of the installation instructions @ 707-544-4761 (tech support)

Auto Transport Service
Back