• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Hemi Fuel pump options

greenmonsta79

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Guy's I have mostly all my parts coming for my 05 5.7 truck motor (Milodon pan,pickup,TTI mounts,45 deg. filter adapter,apps sensor) And I have my PCM all boxed up ready to ship out to Hotwireauto.com Monday and get a wiring harness coming, Now what fuel pumps are you guy's running? Will a Walbro 255gph work? I was planning on mounting it outside of the tank right in front of it with a regulator what regulator is the best choice? also what is the fuel psi suppose to be set at? 58 psi? still need to track down a couple small things I would really like to get a car 5.7 intake and pulley setup, also does anyone have any pics of how much of the trans tunnel and torsion bar crossmember has to be cut? also any pics of fabbed up trans mounts would be great to give me some ideas. :thumbsup:

Its best to use an intank pump, look at tanksinc.com they have what I used and its a great set up, also comes with a walbro 255 pump. Get a 99' and up vette filter/regulator, they are pre set at 58 psi. If you switch the timing cover you can run the car set up, but you will need to get everything as the trucks do not interchange.

Which one did you use from tanksinc.com? also I cannot find any Corvette fuel regulators on ebay just pop up generic ones do you have the part number?

I was confused I see the factory style fuel filter has the regulator built into, I guess I was expecting to see a different type setup. makes sense though, will FI hose with FI clamps hold that alright at 58 psi?

I'm using the 255 pump kit and I used the push lock type hose with an fittings, might want to look into that.

I am modifying the stock tank to accept a in-tank truck pump and sending unit and then a corvette regulator. I traded a few things for a sending unit and wiring from a 98 Durango...so we will see how it goes.

I plan to put in some baffling and a small sump to help with fuel slosh since I am cutting the tank open anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back