• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Hemi Valve covers with oil fill or breather?

Gruby62

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
New here to the forum. Just picked up a 68 GTX with a 5.7 swap done. The engine has an early Ritter Carb intake with no provision for an oil fill and stock valvecovers. Does anyone know of a set of valve covers that are set up with a breather or oil fill provision? I'd like to get a nice set of billet valve covers.

The oil fill is almost always in the intake manifold, I have not seen many valve covers that offer an oil fill.

ARROW racing dose offer a cover with oil fill, but it is an inch taller

They run crank pressure back into the TB/ intake manifold.
Lot of guys run a catch can for this.

HOW ABOUT SOME PHOTOS!!!!!!!!

The SC Hellcat may have a breather in valve covers, but not sure they will work for you.

Last edited:
Thanks Bad B rad.. I'll check that out. Heres a couple quick pics. Gotta detail the engine and I hate the air cleaner.

GTX Pic.jpeg Resized_20200706_150031.jpeg

Nice ride!!!
That is a HUGE intake manifold!!!!
When I day dream about my 5.7 Hemi build I pick this duel plane, one:
IMG_2196.119210501_std (1).jpg

I am sure yours makes more HP though!!!
Note the oil fill to the right side of intake.
I think the 5.7 Hemi only has drainback holes in the rear of the heads, may be why they dont want you to fill it that way. I am not 100% on that.

Thanks. I gotta figure it out. It pulls real hard! The new Track Pack intakes have the oil fill port made into them like the one you have pictured. I was just trying to avoid swapping the intake. Thanks again for the info.

I was just showing how tall your intake was, I wasnt suggesting you change it.
This is valve covers by arrow racing
IMG_2255.JPG

I think it is so much taller, because it has to route the oil to the filler port, and not threw the top of the head.

Auto Transport Service
Back