• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Serpentine pully kit

Darius

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this kit on a 5.7? It will be going in my 70 GTX. I have had the engine in the car so I know there is plenty of room, just wondering of any other issues I should watch out for or consider. serpentine bracket.jpg

Watch the money fly right out if your wallet, get a video of it for us, lol!! They are nice, look sweet, and I've seen a few installed....all of the owners really like it.

$2200 flying as we speak! Look for it at Spring Fling Bro.
Keep an eye on the "stiffening" thread. The car comes back from the painter on Monday. I get 2 weeks to put stuff together before I have to take it to the upholstery shop. They want it for 10 days so I'm thinking right after xmas I'll have that all done. Autorama in Feb should not be a problem.

Has anyone installed this kit on a 5.7? It will be going in my 70 GTX. I have had the engine in the car so I know there is plenty of room, just wondering of any other issues I should watch out for or consider.

Yea Darius . . . You're going to have to watch out for me drooling all over it as I'm looking it over ! ! ! WOW

That is TOO COOL ! ! ! Would love to see a picture of it posted when you get it installed ! ! ( please ? ? )

Well.....seems March does not think it is important to state that installing this kit on a 5.7 using air conditioning will require removing or relocating the EGR valve!!!!
Also very disappointing in the quality. Really more of a quality control issue. 2 slots for adjusting tension on the a/c compressor and the alternator were machined too small for the guide sleeve/spacers they send, by about 17/100ths! They have NOT been very willing to exert any urgency in making any of this right and commented "you should expect to have to change things". Sorry, when I buy something that is supposed to be "bolt on" I don't expect to have to make any major modifications unless the promotional piece says I do. Theirs does not even hint there will be any issues like this. I know there are always some issues with "bolt on" stuff but not like this.

Time for the BFH, lol!!

Finally got March to "man up" and admit they needed to mill down one of the mounting plates so the lower belt rides fully on the tensioner wheel. As it came, the belt hung over the wheel about 100/1000 which would have shredded it in a hurry. They sent a new main plate with correct slot sizes after a bunch of hassle. The latest FIRETRUCK up on their part was no way to mount the pulley to the power steering pump. No threaded end on the shaft, no keyway...nothing. The worst part of this is their "excuses". I don't care about excuses. We can talk about excuses until the cows come home and when the cows get home we will still be exactly where we are right the FIRETRUCK now! To top it off, they will not expedite shipping to accommodate our schedule which is screwed up because of all this. Kind of wishing I had not gone down this road now.
Bottom line is, another vendor with sh@tty customer service policies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service
Back