• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$5 Jobsmart LED Work Light Review

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
I was in the check out lane at Tractor Supply (even though I'm a city boy and never owned a tractor) when I saw these LED work lights for $5 each. They all had batteries and I was surprised how bright they were so I bought 3; one for me and two as gifts.

There is a hook on top for hanging that folds away and fairly strong magnets on the back and the bottom. There is a belt clip near the top on the back. The bottom swivels 360 degrees. There are 15 LEDs in the front and 1 on top. It takes 3 AAA batteries. The sticker on the back says 300 lumens. The base angles front and rear in 4 steps until you reach 90 degrees.

These are made of black plastic with red accents. There are rubber side grips to help in slippery conditions. These are tough little work/flash lights and function very well. They provide an excellent amount of light and can easily be mounted using the hook, magnets or just by standing it on it's side or base. They're almost as bright as the $29 light I bought at NAPA a few years ago.

Two thumbs up for the Jobsmart work light flashlight.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/jobsmart-300-lumen-swivel-smt-led-work-light?cm_vc=-10005

IMG_20171107_110603266.jpg
IMG_20171107_110614610.jpg
IMG_20171107_110623194.jpg
IMG_20171107_110652153.jpg
IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:
If like most led's purchased when the batteries die throw it away and buy another. It will never work the same if it works at all.

Looks nice. I would love to find one made in the US though. I keep looking but never see any. Thanks for taking a moment to write up a review. :thumbsup:

If like most led's purchased when the batteries die throw it away and buy another. It will never work the same if it works at all.
Sorry to prove you wrong but I swapped the chinesium alkaline AAAs with some older Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable AAAs and the light was actually brighter than before. Maybe it's the batteries you are using that is the problem.

I’ve had plenty of the cheaper LED lights, but had the best luck in the shop with the more expensive wand models from Astro Pneumatic.

Sorry to prove you wrong but I swapped the chinesium alkaline AAAs with some older Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable AAAs and the light was actually brighter than before. Maybe it's the batteries you are using that is the problem.
Everready and bunny energizers. I stay away from the cheep batteries.

Auto Transport Service
Back