• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

540 Indy "B" into 65 Belvedere

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
Hi fellas,
I just solved a couple of installation issues I thought I would share with you.
The MM built 540 has a single external oil pump suction line with a Milodon pump cover. The block came with hemi style mounting areas machined, cross bolted mains, and reinforcing ribs cast in the exterior block surface. The RMS suspension kit I'm installing came Schumacher spool type mounts and the right side was held away from the machined mounting surface by one of the ribs. That was corrected with a 12 gauge aluminum shim.
The left side was more involved.
The mount would not clear one of the main cross bolts and crashed hard into the oil pump cover. I used a 1" hole saw to clearance the engine mount bracket to cross bolt, milled the cover for clearance, and shortened the spool mount bolt to "flush" with the engine brackets' welded on nut. It worked like a champ and I did not have to spend more money on a fix!
The extra AN fitting is for my oil accumulator connection.
Mike

IMG_1574.JPG IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1579.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back