• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

540 stroker

mopardemon

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Can someone please help me put a price tag on this 540 stroker, I also herd it running sounds good.
$_59.jpg

Designed as a high torque street engine or street/strip. 100% brand new, upgraded, high quality parts except seasoned 440 block. Includes many extras not typically found on Mopar strokers. Estimated 750 HP.

One Head has been WELDED. Last winter, coolant wasn't strong enough and head cracked between exhaust ports. Has since been professionally welded. I currently have a filled radiator connected to the engine, so I can pressure test for the buyer.

More pics and info available upon request. Email only.

BOTTOM END

Pump Gas 10.4:1, 1973 440 block, magnafluxed, 0.30, line honed, decked 440 Source Stroker Kit, 7.1 rod, ARP bolts Hughes Main Stud Girdle with ARP hardware Milodon Single line External Oil kit, Melling High Vol. Pump Milodon 7qt. Low Profile Oil Pan Mancini Racing Adjustable, Double Roller Chain, with Torrington Bearing Mancini Racing Billet TIming Cover Fluiddamper Balancer

TOP END

Complete Indy Big-EZ 325 CNC Heads, 2.19/1.81 Indy 4150 Single Plane Intake. 4500 Single Plane also available Comp Cams Solid Roller, .621 lift, 272/276@ .050, 108 cl Comp Cams Offset Roller Lifters ARP Head Studs Holley Ultra HP 950 Fel-Pro wire ring Head Gaskets

OTHER

Aeromotive A200 Electric, Racing Fuel Pump & Regulator MSD Distributor MSD 6AL with rev limiter MSD Blaster 2 Coil Powermaster High Torque Starter Chrome Pulleys

I sold my 505 stroker for 10, he Probably got 13-15k in it. That kind of power on a stock block can get sketchy, 10k ticking time bomb

just got off the phone with the guy that owns the motor says his bottom price is $6300.00 what do you think

That’s pretty cheap, makes me suspicious but he might just need the money. Do you plan on racing it? Like I said earlier that stock block and 750hp make me nervous launching off a trans brake and high revs could equal disaster fairly easily.

Brand new, but had the head repaired????
JMHO its sounds like a decent deal, heads and valvetrain are probably worth $2-3k ( since it was repaired). Sounds like some decent parts. Is it on a test stand? I would get it up to operating temp and see what she does...make sure that repair holds..offer $5500

You said .030" over Block right ?

I can't see on the 440 Source website that they still make a .030" over Piston Kit ?
I only see "543" Kits... and the only Pistons I see for the 4.5" Stroker "543" Crank Kits are all .055" or .060" over Pistons ?
They could be using a 1.32" CD Piston from the earlier 451/512 Engine Kits, or maybe they just don't carry the 534/535 Cubic Inch >030" over Kits anymore ?

Just say'in....
and maybe I'm wrong here.... apologies if I am ?
but you may wish to check if it's actually .030" over Block(534/353) or .055"/.060" over actual "543" etc. ?
IMO,
That's one heck of alot of Cubic Inches to cool on the "thinner" stock Block Wall thickness heat sink ?

And I doubt your 833 4 spd/drivetrain will like that for very long ?
And make 100% positively sure you use a STEEL Scattershield Bell Housing !!!! so you keep your feet attached to your legs !

Last edited:
maybe ill buy it and take all the guts and put it in an after market block, thanks everyone

You said .030" over Block right ?

I can't see on the 440 Source website that they still make a .030" over Piston Kit ?
I only see "543" Kits... and the only Pistons I see for the 4.5" Stroker "543" Crank Kits are all .055" or .060" over Pistons ?
They could be using a 1.32" CD Piston from the earlier 451/512 Engine Kits, or maybe they just don't carry the 534/535 Cubic Inch >030" over Kits anymore ?

Just say'in....
and maybe I'm wrong here.... apologies if I am ?
but you may wish to check if it's actually .030" over Block(534/353) or .055"/.060" over actual "543" etc. ?
IMO,
That's one heck of alot of Cubic Inches to cool on the "thinner" stock Block Wall thickness heat sink ?

And I doubt your 833 4 spd/drivetrain will like that for very long ?
And make 100% positively sure you use a STEEL Scattershield Bell Housing !!!! so you keep your feet attached to your legs !
I have a dana drivetrain with 3.54

just for your records get from 440 source
what pistons
what rings
what pins
rod big end and pin sizes
ask if any quench
you can have NO detonation
so sneak up on the timing
post up your compression check
you can do a leak down test
but looks good
see if the rockers are correct geometry
did you mention retainers and keepers and viton stem seals?
not somewhere to skimp

I have a dana drivetrain with 3.54

And a STEEL Bell Housing ?

Here is a 540 with INDY SR Heads, the fore runner of the EZ Heads, using a 440 Source Chinesium Crank etc., but using a better Block, 170 psi on 91 Octane with .075" Quench Distance.

just say'in here....
stay safe and be very careful/parts safety conscious when using a 4 stick behind these things ?
Because **** can happen really quick.... and I'm kind of sensitive as we just had a Customer who had a VERY close call with just a pump gas 585 hp/451 we built that scattered it's clutch using an Aluminum Bell Housing..... 2" inches lower and he would have lost a foot !
USE a STEEL Scattershield/Bell Housing !

Last edited:
$6300 is a real good deal IMO. As long as the head repair was done correctly, I wouldn't be afraid of it.
The stock block isn't a great idea at this power level, but on the street I bet it'll live a long time as long as you keep it from detonating. The year of the block doesn't matter as far as strength...the later model blocks being thin is a myth.
You're still good even if you buy this thing just to swap everything over to an aftermarket block.
Like mentioned already, I'd definitely make sure you have a good scattershield on your car!

Auto Transport Service
Back