• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

545RFE Problems

PappyJoe

Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Bottom line is it won't turn the tires.

I have a 71 Satellite that I've put an 04 5.7 hemi and a 545RFE. I have a harness from hotwire and they flashed the computer. The linkage works and selects the gears. I know it is seeing something because it will not start out of park. I found a thread about the problems this trans has if the filters are dirty. I changed the filters. I filled it with Mopar trans fluid. Still will not turn the tires. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Joe

20181106_073206.jpg

Any codes from the obd2?

The filter inside the trans (looks like an oil filter) probably is clogged. Change it out and let us know.

No codes on obd2. Filters changed. Still no good. Taking it to a trans shop in a week or 2.

Anyone interested it turned out my new TDI stall converter was smoked along with my trans pump. The pump could have already been smoked when I bought the trans. But I'm sure I ran it without enough fluid. So there you have it. Up and running. Actually moving under it's own power for the first time in over 12 years.

Glad you found the problems.

Auto Transport Service
Back