• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 pac distributer cap and rotor

429bossman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Where can I find or buy a 1970 440 6pac distributor cap and rotor ? Thanks

Last edited:
Where can I find or buy a 1970 440 6pac distributer cap and rotor ? Thanks
Four Speed? I take it is the tan cap your looking for with the correct markings? The repops do not have the correct markings and are brass instead of a silver zinc plate...

http://www.amsnos.com/

They are pricey and rare the 4spd cap will run about $300.00 they have rotors as well...

Frank badalson
He doesn't have the correct ones with the markings etc...I previously tried..

I have a rebuilt 4spd prestolite by Frank Badalson...I believe it is the same as the 70 just you need a different P# tag. I don't have the name handy but I can get it later for the guy that makes the correct tags(same guy that sells them to Frank I believe). You can also ask him about the distributor 69 versus 70...

If it is the same I will sell it....

I been talking to Frank he rebuilt my distributor your right he is not much help when it comes to caps .

From my knowledge, I was thinking that the Prestolite dual point caps are all the same as being for the automatics or manuals. Also, the small block Prestolite cap is the same as well. NOS caps do turn up pretty often and they will usually sell in the $200 to $300 range, depending upon the vendor. The "Made in USA" that is embossed on the top of the cap is the dead give away to the correctness. There are the earlier style black cap that is out there as well, it will fit and function like the tan caps, but were used on the very early 66 models and down, so they bring a third of the dollars as does the tan cap.

I got this from Bill Overcash...70 is on the left 69 on the right...The difference is just the vacuum advance...

BTW Frank does not restore the vacuum advance. So either find an NOS one or he just freshens it up. Bill O. And the link Big D above supplied they restore the advances too.

Just curious is this for that Nascar race car your building? Didn't they use an ultra rare race distributor?

I bought an NOS cap from AMS a few months ago and it was $300 plus shipping.

The tan caps are NOT interchangeable for a single versus a dual point...Automatics got single points....
Picture 277.jpg

The dist for the Nascar race Hemi is different.

This distributor is for a dual point 1970 440 six pac GTX I'm trying to restore . I got the rebuilt dist. from Frank now I need the right cap and rotor and I now have a lot of new places to look . Thank you

The dist for the Nascar race Hemi is different.

This distributor is for a dual point 1970 440 six pac GTX I'm trying to restore . I got the rebuilt dist. from Frank now I need the right cap and rotor and I now have a lot of new places to look . Thank you
No problem...I have a nice used one and rotor. The cap is not all banged up or corroded. If your unable to locate a new one pm me...

Auto Transport Service
Back