• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 Pack Center carb question

589charger

Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
23E35DEE-4E4A-4A99-B35A-E842F60B1A65.jpeg
hello all, just curious if anyone can help me confirm? Or, get more confused I have a six pack set up and all the research I have done says it’s a 440 manual trans A12 center carb. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

According to the Promax site,
1969 440 manual trans. center carb.

http://www.promaxcarbs.com/
I sent them my 440 6bbl setup that was running good, but I wanted to get their throttle plate w/angled idle mixture screws for the rear carb, their jetable metering plates for the outboard carbs, and their advanced metering block for the center carb. I also had a stripped screw hole in the accelerator pump housing on the center carb that was holding, but it needed to be repaired for peace of mind. I also got the lower and upper stainless steel braided fuel lines w/inline reusable fuel filter and pressure gauge.
WARNING if you get the braided fuel lines FLUSH them out before you install them!
Also tech support is hit and miss, but good when you get in touch with them.
I also got 3 temporary clear plastic fuel bowl plugs to adjust the floats.

http://www.promaxcarbs.com/
I sent them my 440 6bbl setup that was running good, but I wanted to get their throttle plate w/angled idle mixture screws for the rear carb, their jetable metering plates for the outboard carbs, and their advanced metering block for the center carb. I also had a stripped screw hole in the accelerator pump housing on the center carb that was holding, but it needed to be repaired for peace of mind. I also got the lower and upper stainless steel braided fuel lines w/inline reusable fuel filter and pressure gauge.
WARNING if you get the braided fuel lines FLUSH them out before you install them!
Also tech support is hit and miss, but good when you get in touch with them.
I also got 3 temporary clear plastic fuel bowl plugs to adjust the floats.
Thanks for the heads up.!

Auto Transport Service
Back