• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60s B body Exhaust all the same?

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking to put a 3” stainless (hopefully) exhaust on my 64 sport fury. It will be headers back. Typical for the early b bodies, no one makes a complete exhaust besides tti. I’m looking for stainless which I don’t think tti offers. Companies like Pypes, Magnaflow, etc sell exhaust systems for later b bodies like 68 roadrunners. How close is the exhaust system for a later b body and an early b body? Could I just order the roadrunner exhaust? Looks extremely similar from the kits I’ve seen. Or possibly someone knows a company that makes 3” stainless kit for early b bodies?

thanks for the help in advance.
-Steve

Steve,I ran into this,maybe it was me or maybe because it was a shop made exhaust.
I had a 64 Belvedere that I had a shop made system. Then I went to headers and a complete TTI set.
When building my 63 Belvedere I had thought it was a straight bolt in using the exhaust from the 64. I ran into several issues that I had to modify the passenger side pipe to fit. Was it because it was a shop made system ? I can't tell you. There may be slight differences from the 68 set. Maybe.

I have an exhaust system that was on a 68 coronet, and intending to put on my 64 Dodge. Subscribed.

Auto Transport Service
Back