• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'62-'65 B body heater core

Geri

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
couple weeks ago I posted Jegs has replacement heater cores for the non A/C B body cars, it looke correct, when I tried to install it, the difference is night and day- with some adapting it is in there but it is not what they advertise it to be.or is that to B?

Here's some pics of my '63 I did this year. I used my original, and had Bob at Glen Ray go over it before the reassembly. It's not back in the car yet, but ready to go...
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG

Here's some pics of my '63 I did this year. I used my original, and had Bob at Glen Ray go over it before the reassembly. It's not back in the car yet, but ready to go...View attachment 679384 View attachment 679385 View attachment 679386

here is a shot of the original shape of the attachment extensions, yo ucan see the difference in shape, on the outlet end the screw holes did not come close to alignment- but not an issue to redrill and and secure, the new heater core is also about 2" shorter than original which makes the difference in the angled end, but that also had to be redrilled to fit, its all good, fun project, now to find someone who can lie on the floorboards and install it all. not
me, thanks for sharing your picture

dodge heater core.jpg

Nice to know. In case anyone needs one, I have the whole a/c & heat unit I took out of my car as I'm updating to newer technology. Needs the heater core and blower motor.

Glad you got it in. I have learned to never throw away any parts, better to have them rebuilt as they will almost always be better than a "new" one. I think I have a spare oem heater valve i snapped up years ago, but rebuilt the one I have.

Glad you got it in. I have learned to never throw away any parts, better to have them rebuilt as they will almost always be better than a "new" one. I think I have a spare oem heater valve i snapped up years ago, but rebuilt the one I have.
My original will be delivered to Glen Ray radiator on Monday. Decided not to go chineseium here.

My original will be delivered to Glen Ray radiator on Monday. Decided not to go chineseium here.

The new ones are made in Mexico from what I have seen. 68-70 models inlet/outlet are about 3/4" too short.
I was lucky on my 62, cleaned it out and it pressure tested good so back in it went.

Auto Transport Service
Back