• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Belvedere questions

halfafish

Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Howdy, FBBO folks. I'm a moderate lurker here, but fairly active on FABO. I'm looking for some thoughts on a 62 Belvedere.

I'm aware these are one-year-only cars. How bad are parts and pieces to find? While it looks good and appears to be complete from the photos, I don't want to get into a car that needs a truckload of unobtainium.

The car is a 361 three-on-the-tree. I'm guessing it's an A745 trans. What concerns are there for the engine? I have a late 70's 383, if needed I could that drop in and mate to the trans?

Last edited:
If you use the later 383, make sure the crankshaft is drilled for manual transmission input shaft pilot bushing.

Howdy, FBBO folks. I'm a moderate lurker here, but fairly active on FABO. I'm looking for some thoughts on a 62 Belvedere.

I'm aware these are one-year-only cars. How bad are parts and pieces to find? While it looks good and appears to be complete from the photos, I don't want to get into a car that needs a truckload of unobtainium.

The car is a 361 three-on-the-tree. I'm guessing it's an A745 trans. What concerns are there for the engine? I have a late 70's 383, if needed I could that drop in and mate to the trans?
I only counted three questions, Zach. You have 59 more.

I would imagine all the mechanical parts for the 62 model year interchange, so no problem there. Just different body panels.

As a 62 Dart owner, I know a bit.
AMD stopped making floorpans.
Trim pieces can be difficult, but everything except the door trim is the same between 2 and 4 door.
Interior parts can be difficult to find, door panels, window cranks, armrests, dash pad.

You already have the correct k-frame, engine mounts, pedals, linkage (maybe), drop that 383 in with a 4 speed and have some fun.

Auto Transport Service
Back