• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Fury Max Wedge Tires

Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the M&H Racemaster Nostalgia (Vintage) cheater slicks 8.00/8.50x14 will fit the stock wheels and wheel well? I was looking at Speedway Motors which has a Coker Tire part number MVD006. The information for the tire shows a minimum wheel width of 5.5". If I understand correctly, the Max Wedge came with 14"x5" wheels and 7.50x14 tires. The car currently has 8.00x14 wsw tires mounted. If current 8.00x14 bias ply BF Goodrich tires fit, is there any reason to believe the M&H would not? Choices with the stock wheels appear very limited. If anyone has tried these tires on factory wheels I would like to hear about it. This is my first MOPAR so I have no prior knowledge or experience with these things.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Search?query=M&H++MDV006++Vintage+drag+slick

Yes it will. On my 63 Belvedere I run a 235/75/15 on a 7'' wide wheel. 30'' tall and tread @ 6 3/4'' wide.
On my 65 Belvedere it has 275/60/15 on a 7'' wheel 28.3 tall with a 9'' tread no problem. Both cars steel wheels with 4 1/4'' back space.
The 63 I was going for the early 60's vibe as they didn't have wide tires back then.
Big thing is back space on the wheels, Chrysler factory 15'' steeles that are 7'' wide have a back space of 4 1/4''.
Depending on your car using the M&H you can run a 4'' or as much as 4 1/2'' back space.I say depending because Mopar cars were built with tolerance differences and no 2 cars are quite the same.:welcome:

Last edited:
If you are asking "will it fit in the wheelwell" yes it will, depending on height. I couldn't find out how tall it is on that site..The problem on a 62 Savoy is a tall tire gets close to the front edge of the wheel opening. My 62 has the rear axle moved back an inch.
If you are asking if it will work on a 14x5 wheel, I would be cautious. Section width is almost 10", that's a lot of tire on a 5"rim. And it is also not the dot legal cheater slick either. I would try to find a repo pie crust cheater slick, hopefully a little smaller, for your application.
I'm kinda assuming that you want to keep the original wheels to keep the original hubcaps. Somewhere around 1967 mopar dog dish hubcaps changed from 10" to 9" and most 15" wheels use the later hubcap ring.

Unless you get some 15 inch wheels made , so you can still use the correct dogdish cap. If you are interested in something like that , just ask.

Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back