• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Leaf Spring Replacement

w.Hudson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
Who has a replacement leaf springs for a 62 B body ? I don't want anything that will raise the ride height like the Mopar heavy duty replacements that have an one inch over stock ride height.
Anyone offer a stock style replacement ?

67-76 A body should be the same as a 62 B body. Maybe a nice set of springs for a 340 car would work nicely ?

Thanks !

Call ESPO, in Pennsylvania. They just made originals for my '63, but I went with the HD, instead of the stock. 7 leaf vs. 5...

Call ESPO, in Pennsylvania. They just made originals for my '63, but I went with the HD, instead of the stock. 7 leaf vs. 5...

That is kind of what I am thinking. Get a set like the later 440 cars had. 5 on one side and 7 on the other.

Is that what you did ? Or 7 on both sides ?

456/457 super stock springs, the pic is the high side, with the extra half leaf

20191124_132308.jpg

Driver side, about an inch lower.

Last edited:
7 on both. That's what HD springs came from the Factory

I am wondering if you have made any decisions on your leaf spring replacement. I am looking at doing this on a 62 Fury. Here is information relevant to doing so. I know relocation mounts can also be used. I am wondering if those would work well with the longer B body springs to not make such a drastic height change in the rear. All personal preference. I don't mind the slightly jacked aggressive stance, but I also think a more factory rear height is cool.
upload_2021-3-28_1-18-5.png

upload_2021-3-28_1-18-48.png

Last edited:
Hi! wounder about Hotchkis Sport Suspension leaf springs 24385 Geometry Corrected 1.00 in for A bodys same segment for B body 1962, 20 35 55.has anyone tried them?

I have decided to get the P3412002/03 springs since they are the same length as stock. They are rated 3000-3200lbs. All the info I am finding indicates the ‘62 should right in that range. If they don’t work out right, I know someone else with an A body that will be more than happy to use them.

Auto Transport Service
Back