• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Plymouth Door windlace rubber seals

Whats the best source of windlace/rubber door seals for a 62 Plymouth?

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

And I can close my doors!

P5140005.JPG

try lone star products out of Conroe Tx they have windlace ,weather strips gaskets etc. prices good service great

Justmopar.com to the right of your screen-------->.

My upholstery guy got mine from someone in PA when he did my interior a few years back but the driver side door didn't close right afterwards.

For all of you 62 Plymouth guys - I have a set of leftover rear tailight lenses for sale for $50 plus shipping, the red ones, along with a few gaskets. Both lenses are excellent with no cracks. Also a new rubber steering column seal with nylon bushing for $40.

Kramer is the same for hardtop and 10 bucks more for sedan than Restorationspecialties. Year one is cheaper. Vansauto is 126 for either body style. Jimsautoparts has a "deluxe kit" for 139 and you get the quarter window seals if you have a hardtop. They're all reproduced by the same outfit as far as I can tell and they may entail door adjustment. I personally went NOS and I paid double. Fit and finish is by far the best. NOS includes nylon/plastic woven in the fabric. I'm sorry if 62max had a bad experience with Kramer but I have found them quite pleasant and they're customer service is excellent.

Kramer is the same for hardtop and 10 bucks more for sedan than Restorationspecialties. Year one is cheaper. Vansauto is 126 for either body style. Jimsautoparts has a "deluxe kit" for 139 and you get the quarter window seals if you have a hardtop. They're all reproduced by the same outfit as far as I can tell and they may entail door adjustment. I personally went NOS and I paid double. Fit and finish is by far the best. NOS includes nylon/plastic woven in the fabric. I'm sorry if 62max had a bad experience with Kramer but I have found them quite pleasant and they're customer service is excellent.

My experience with Jim was not wind lace,that came from Restoration Specialties which is 20 mile from me and fit like a glove.When a friend tries to stick it to you that's a different story,and I'm not the first,if you're happy so be it.
Nothing else left to say !!

I deal with Joe Suchy. He has everything you need in stock and is very knowledable about the 62/65 B Bodys. Good prices too. [email protected]

Good references. Not to high jack your thread but what's the seal at the top of the door window called? You can see in the pic that mine is bad...

Attachments

• IMAG0116_1.jpg
    IMAG0116_1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 276
Roof rail weatherstrip.

My upholstery guy got mine from someone in PA when he did my interior a few years back but the driver side door didn't close right afterwards.

For all of you 62 Plymouth guys - I have a set of leftover rear tailight lenses for sale for $50 plus shipping, the red ones, along with a few gaskets. Both lenses are excellent with no cracks. Also a new rubber steering column seal with nylon bushing for $40.

I must have got those same ones, but my door might be out of adjustment.

photo_2.jpgphoto_1_(640x478).jpg
I must have got those same ones, but my door might be out of adjustment.

You need to bend the flange inward that the weather strip slides over. A crescent wrench adjusted down tight on the flange works well. I even had to resort to a 5 lb hammer and a large cold chisel. My entire inside of the door is gutted so they're pretty flexible. Just work at it, you can make them fit nice.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back