• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Seat Adjustment

FlagCraig

Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
On the 1962 Polara/Dart does the seat seem to not go back far enough?

I put mine back as far as I could and looked at the seat track and I believe it's all the way back based on the adjustment.

Has anyone experience this? Just doesn't give me all that much room like other B bodies did.

Is this something I just need to live with or is there another option?

Thanks.

All the way back, mine measures 18" from the very front edge of the seat to the brake peddle. That leaves you with 10" from the back of the seat to the rear seat. (10" of rear leg room)
Must be why the stopped it there. I have heard of taller guys drilling new mounting holes, in the floor, to move it back.

I'll measure when I get home. Sounds like it might be as far back as it goes.

Not into drilling any holes right now. I'm not cramped but looking for a bit more.

I'm guessing the average height back then wasn't what it is today.

Thanks for the help.

That and it was the first year for downsizing from the bigger passenger compartment. I wonder if it was corrected in 63, 64 or 65 with different length tracks? Wish I had a parts book to compare part numbers...

I stuck a couple of lug nuts under the front two bolts to give it a little tilt back. Helped some but I agree that it should go further back.

I'm 19" from the brake pedal and the back seat room is only 9". No one's allowed in the back seat anyway. HaHa.........

Mine is at 22 " :D

Picture 140.jpg

No fair! you must have cheated.

Yea I have one also, seem like the seat should go back farther.
You find a good fix post it!

At least you can adjust or redrill bracket holes. I can't put on a pound or I'm screwed. Good diet motivation.

Seat.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back