63/64 max Wedge hood appearance

Preachr

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Well,,, if this makes any sense ,, LOL.
Now that I see the car in question,, I truly see what yer sayin.
And,, yes,, I think that a different black hood and scoop would look alright for sure.
Would you transfer the Plymouth badging over ???
Preachr.

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Well,,, if this makes any sense ,, LOL.
Now that I see the car in question,, I truly see what yer sayin.
And,, yes,, I think that a different black hood and scoop would look alright for sure.
Would you transfer the Plymouth badging over ???
Preachr.

Probably not only because it would seem difficult to do (get the letters straight)

Hey-O

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I've saved two hoods and never did anything with them which was a waste to me. I bought a steel Goodmark for one car and a fiberglass Glasstek for another. With the fiberglass I had to remove the springs and go with a prop rod. Saving the hoods just left me with more stuff hanging around that just collected dust. The hood on my coronet was perfect before I put the fiberglass scoop on it. Less to paint, just the scoop.

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
If this makes any sense, if I do the scoop I am not cutting into the hood that's on it now. This paint job is way too nice to mess with. So i was thinking a fiberglass hood and scoop, since it will need to be painted anyway I thought trying satin black might work if not i could still change it. Plus since my paint is so bright I'm thinking that might work ok with the black hood, kind of tone down the overall brightness of the car. Never know until I try it. View attachment 1182024
AGREE! Do NOT cut into any steel hood that's nice, good paint or not. I did, wish everyday I could do it over...and not do it.
Put a glass hood on it with the scoop you want, and I don't have a problem with the hood either way, black or body color.
I would probably do semi gloss black, and then if I needed a change later on, shoot it body color. No wrong answers here (except cutting up a nice steel hood,lol)

black64

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
thumbnail (4).jpg

black hood and scoop on my 63