• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 fury 440 install

63fury500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Been a while since i did any motor installs,35 years or so lol,we have a 63 sport fury,power steering car,getting ready to put the 493 stroker in,I have the tti 440-200 headers,do I put the motor in without the headers then install headers afterward?anyone done this with the tti,s could use your help,steering column is not installed yet either nor is power brake booster,any help would be great,thanx in advance

Been a while since i did any motor installs,35 years or so lol,we have a 63 sport fury,power steering car,getting ready to put the 493 stroker in,I have the tti 440-200 headers,do I put the motor in without the headers then install headers afterward?anyone done this with the tti,s could use your help,steering column is not installed yet either nor is power brake booster,any help would be great,thanx in advance
Cant tell you for sure on a '63, but on my '67 Coronet w the 2-1/8" stepped TTI headers, engine in 1st, then jack car "way" up on stands. Make sure starter is installed and wires to starter are installed. Remove motor mount bolt on one side, jack up engine and install header on that side. Best to install studs on both end holes to hold header in place. Snug header down then lower engine and install engine mount bolt. Repeat on other side. Spark plugs are a pain. Most of passenger side were accessible from underneath car. I had to use 1 accel short header plug on passenger side #4 cylinder to give room for spark plug boot. 383 stroked to 496 w 440 Source heads.

Put it together and install from the bottom. Lots of info on this site.
Mike

I did just that with my 63 Sport Fury. I built a 493 with Indy EZ heads and the Indy dual plane intake. I use the 2" TTI headers and the TTI 3" full exh system. I installed the eng from the top and layed the headers in the eng bay as I set the eng in. I had a friend hold and work each header up to the eng as I lowered it in. I don't have P/S as I did not want it and don't need it. Mine is an original 383 auto car and its now a street/strip car that's is 99% a street car. Nothing is modded on the body as the springs are all in stock location and its not tubbed any. Ron

413996681.jpg

Here is my car. It was simple to install the eng and headers in it. I also use the stock K-frame which works fine for me. If I can help with any other info just let me know. Ron

414201651.jpg

I did just that with my 63 Sport Fury. I built a 493 with Indy EZ heads and the Indy dual plane intake. I use the 2" TTI headers and the TTI 3" full exh system. I installed the eng from the top and layed the headers in the eng bay as I set the eng in. I had a friend hold and work each header up to the eng as I lowered it in. I don't have P/S as I did not want it and don't need it. Mine is an original 383 auto car and its now a street/strip car that's is 99% a street car. Nothing is modded on the body as the springs are all in stock location and its not tubbed any. Ron

View attachment 962177
thanx for the info,thatsthe way im going to do it also

Earth is going to shake when that beast rolls by.

Auto Transport Service
Back