• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Fury Dash Light bulb sockets??

Gruby62

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
soooo, I'm trying to get my dash lights to work. I only have 2 of the 6 bulbs working. I replaced all of the bulbs but still only 2 work. I was going to try new sickets for the bulbs but don't see any for sale that look like what I took out. The sockets on the market seem to have tabs that contact the circuit board and mine have a wire tab. Any ideas if the newer brass tab sockets will work? Or any ideas of what else to look at other than the circuit board

20200910_193107.jpg 20200910_193036.jpg 20200910_193041.jpg

soooo, I'm trying to get my dash lights to work. I only have 2 of the 6 bulbs working. I replaced all of the bulbs but still only 2 work. I was going to try new sickets for the bulbs but don't see any for sale that look like what I took out. The sockets on the market seem to have tabs that contact the circuit board and mine have a wire tab. Any ideas if the newer brass tab sockets will work? Or any ideas of what else to look at other than the circuit board

View attachment 1000312 View attachment 1000313 View attachment 1000314
do you think 64 ply are the same ?

I was looking at pics of my '62 dash bulb sockets. They have flat tab connectors but I think they all go into the metal housing and not into circuit boards.

20200910_233104.jpg

I think you need to ensure a solid ground here - if the dash is pulled away the ground is gone; but when you have the cluster pulled out...you want - batt cable disconnected or risk frying circuit board. I added a separate ground wire for my cluster in my '63. You could try setting cluster mostly in place (so it's positioned to prevent CB frying) and running a ground jumper to check new bulbs. Might be wrong; but in my car the bezel screws are what provide the ground...I think...if this isn't so others can correct me.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks Ron. I may try running a stand alone ground wire. It cant hurt!! Next will be trying to figure out the heater control panel. Uggg. Love the car. Just gotta work the little bugs out.

How about that! We'll have to meet up sometime.
Sounds good. I'll have my Fury and 68 GTX down at the Manchester car show on Sat. You should come out. Should be a ton of cars.

No, Manchester, MD at the Firemans Carnival Ground.

AACA Manchester.jpg

View attachment 1000312 View attachment 1000313 View attachment 1000314

those sockets are for bayonet kind bulbs while the regular twist lock sockets are for wedge bulbs.

I never have seen the ones you need around thought

Thanks Nacho. Ill be at Carslile soon and find something

Auto Transport Service
Back