• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Fury Savoy Doors?

68383GTS

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
What doors will fit a 1963 Savoy or Fury? Are they a 1 year only door?
Will 64's fit?

Remember a Savoy is a post car and a Fury is a hardtop, that aside the 64' doors and front sheetmetal will bolt on a 63. A lot of racers back in the day updated their 63's to 64's for Stock/ Super Stock.

the doors will work fine!I don't think the hood will fit,the 63 has a more rounded cowl.it all will bolt on though.

1963 post doors will not fit a '64 or '65, they are one year only . I believe the '63-5 hardtop doors interchange though.

Ok I am thinking of converting a 4 door into a two door.So its sound like 63 doors only.64 doors will bolt on but are thet the same as a 63,will the 64's match up with the 63 body lines?

Last edited:
Funny, I'm doing the same sort of operation but using '63 doors to convert my '64 330 wagon to a 2dr. The angles are wrong on the A-pillar but I think the doors look the same. I need to do more comparos before I start cutting.

63 doors

GTS -The 63 doors are a 1 yr only dodge or plymouth will work. The difference is the 63 door frame is angled more at the A pillar than the 64-65 doors.This makes the vent wing pointed more at the top of the vent glass than the 64-65. Also the door latch is completely different on the 63.The 64-65 2dr sdn doors are the same dodge or plymouth.I checked to convert ht doors to sdn doors but the ht doors are stamped diff above the latch area.The different stamping makes the inside door panel different also.To convert ht doors to sdn doors won't be easy. The door panel is approximately 1 1/2 in longer on the 2ds sdn door. I have done some research because I am also converting a 64 plymouth 4-dr sdn to a 2-dr sdn.
I have 4 64-65 2-dr sdn doors[the doors need alot of work] for parts so I am also trying to figure what I can use to make the change.

GTS -The 63 doors are a 1 yr only dodge or plymouth will work. The difference is the 63 door frame is angled more at the A pillar than the 64-65 doors.This makes the vent wing pointed more at the top of the vent glass than the 64-65. Also the door latch is completely different on the 63.The 64-65 2dr sdn doors are the same dodge or plymouth.I checked to convert ht doors to sdn doors but the ht doors are stamped diff above the latch area.The different stamping makes the inside door panel different also.To convert ht doors to sdn doors won't be easy. The door panel is approximately 1 1/2 in longer on the 2ds sdn door. I have done some research because I am also converting a 64 plymouth 4-dr sdn to a 2-dr sdn.
I have 4 64-65 2-dr sdn doors[the doors need alot of work] for parts so I am also trying to figure what I can use to make the change.

Correct about the door skin interchange, I bought a NOS door skin for my Savoy and realized that the area above the door handle is stamped very different than the sedan door! AARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back