• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth Sport Fury Sound deadner

potze426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
I am looking to install a sound deadner on the floor of my 63 Plymouth Sport Fury. I would think DYNAMAT would be the product of choice. There are so many choices. I am having trouble choosing a thickness, and a product #, and a Quantity. would someone please give me a directive to what I should do. Thanks, Tom.

I just used this stuff called "quick roof" or "peel and stick"... sometimes they sell it home depot or lowes. its a roofing product but its basically the same thing as dynamat at a fraction of the cost and it works just fine. Never had a smell problem in the last 3 years, that car still smells like old car and I live in hot southern California.

I guarantee you will find info online or from other members here saying its got a different chemical composition.. blah blah blah… people will say that you should use dynamat because it a better or different but to be honest its the same product and they just want to think they spent the extra money for a good reason...

Settled on Dynomat for my '63 Fury vert did the entire floor firewall to trunk over the wheel wells. Did the doors and quarters using insulated duct wrap with adhesive backing. Kinda overkill and also being a ragtop; but it made a noticeable difference. That stuff cost me around $150 and figured it was the least hassle. Lots of elbow grease rolling it down...

Ply Console Bld wiring.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back