• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Polara dutchman panel and package tray panel.

fbs63

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Anyone reproduce the dutchman and or package tray panel for a 63 Dodge Polara? If not anyone have a parts car they can cut parts out off?

I am going to get two parts car out west. Is your car a sedan or hardtop? Pm me on the board.

I have a 63 4dr I am parting here in Pa. If you have a sedan should be the same....

Why do they call it a Dutchman?

I've wondered that myself at times.

I take no credit for this, but according to Answers -
  • The term was derived from a "dutchman's repair" where a piece of cement would spall and dip causing a deformation in the stone. A Dutchman repair, involves the cutting out of the damaged stone keyed sides. A piece of new stone is then prepared to fit into the slot. Translating that to the automotive world, it was much easier to add an extra panel to the back of the vehicle rather than form the body as it slopes up to the roof from the trunk while trying to form the curvature on the side of the body as well.

QuickBpBp, it's a 2dr hardtop. Are they really different?

I will take a pic of it and the rear window is totally different from sedan to hardtop....

I will take a pic of it and the rear window is totally different from sedan to hardtop....
I would like to see the pics if you have a chance. We are both talking about a 1963 Dodge 330,440,or Polara correct? I know 64-65 Dodges are completely different hardtop to sedan.

I would like to see the pics if you have a chance. We are both talking about a 1963 Dodge 330,440,or Polara correct? I know 64-65 Dodges are completely different hardtop to sedan.

Yes you are right 63 should be the same only a sedan or convertible in 63 I was thinking 64 but talking about my 63 parts car. I will be there tomorrow to get a pic of it....

Ok. Thank you.

Finally got to storage and Uncovered the car and it's rotted out...

63 dodge 2.JPG 63 dodge.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back