• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 63 SF Convertible, good bad ugly + Bonous

Status
Not open for further replies.

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible
361/2.........727..8 3/4
GOOD
89,215 miles could be correct, strong and smooth running Big Block does not smoke.
727 shifts through all gears and reverse, park lever works properly.
All the gauges work except the clock. Top system runs and moves the top.
Side trim SS in perfect not even a door ding anywhere, trunk extension eye brows are near perfect, trunk horizontal long trim has several dings. Magnum 500's with like new matched set of tires, Tires hold air but are starting to show dry rot.
Bumpers are very good, exhaust has been replaced from the intermediate back including new muffler, gas tank was replaced and looks very good, hood emblem is really nice, all of the side glass is nice and they all go up and down properly, Interior with the exception of the drivers seat has two very small splits.
BAD
NOT SAFE TO DRIVE
The frame is rusted
needs repaired or replaced, see pictures that follow for the remedy.
Brakes do not work, needs front p side brake cylinder, new lines were installed but not bled because of the cylinder being bad. windshield has a crack, floors need replaced rusted through in several places. Gas line from tank to fuel pump needs replaced also.
UGLY
Needs new top and window, top could be patched but you would still need a back window , unless you live in Southern Calif. Trunk was restored but was not done with the correct material, looks OK and is functional. Amature paint job (not by me) Looks like the primer did not stick to the body and the paint chipped off numerous places taking with it the primer and leaving bare metal to get rusty all over the car. (see close up picture).
Under the hood was painted with a rattle can, you can still see the original green under the blue, fire wall and fenders were also painted with a rattle can, pressure washer will probably remove most of it as it is just flaking off every where.
The white paint is flaking off practically every where on the car, there is surface rust under the hood and trunk lids but no bad rust or holes, the cowl has surface rust to.
BONUS
1963 RUST FREE SHELL
Never have you seen a shell taken down this far even on the reality shows.
Compleatly media blasted $$$$$ now showing some surface rust

You can take everything off of the complete car and put it onto the shell or take the body parts you need and fix the car. Either way you will have parts left over to sell or use. Either way it's you call. In the end with a LOT of work you can have a really nice convertible.
PRICE & TITLE
$8700 INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU SEE AND A PA. CLEAR TITLE IN MY NAME & BILL OF SALE.
I can NOT deliver, do not ask, I will give a huge helping hand to load on to whatever you need it put on. $500 non refundable deposit. (been scammed in the past and lost other sales because of buyer remorse) Balance Wire transfer. Completed deal no later than the end of June this year (2016). I have purchased two spaces at Carlisle in July. I'll take the cars there if Not settled by the end of June.
Look at the pictures and ask questions here so everybody can see them, I'm sure I have missed somethings you need to know
Regards
Steve

IMG_6788.JPG IMG_6795.JPG IMG_6805.JPG IMG_6807.JPG IMG_6808.JPG IMG_6810.JPG IMG_6812.JPG IMG_6814.JPG IMG_6815.JPG IMG_6819.JPG

additional 63 pictures

IMG_6835.JPG IMG_6836.JPG IMG_6838.JPG IMG_6839.JPG IMG_6826.JPG IMG_6827.JPG IMG_6830.JPG IMG_6831.JPG IMG_6832.JPG IMG_6833.JPG

additional pictures

IMG_6834.JPG IMG_6824.JPG

Going the eBay way soon.
I will sell the car with a good torsion bar cross member and floor pans for $5500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back