• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 330 Street Hemi build

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
OK, Here we go!! Here's a couple picts to get things going... First shot is motivation...

Attachments

• Moser Dana 60_001.jpg
    Moser Dana 60_001.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,909
  • Moser Dana 60_002.jpg
    Moser Dana 60_002.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 3,899
  • Moser Dana 60_003.jpg
    Moser Dana 60_003.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 3,895
  • Moser Dana 60_004.jpg
    Moser Dana 60_004.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 3,904
A couple shots if the car. The Hemi is coming from Eddie haines in FL and the A-833 from Passon. And yes, I know the shot of "dandy" dick is a '65 Coronet, but it's still very cool...

Attachments

• Moser Dana 60_005.jpg
    Moser Dana 60_005.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3,706
  • Moser Dana 60_006.jpg
    Moser Dana 60_006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3,717
That shop floor is so clean it's making me uncomfortable. Hurry up and cover it in oily stains.

Great starting point for your project. It looks like your first order of business will be 40 hours of floor repair.

Keep us posted on the progress.

That shop floor is so clean it's making me uncomfortable. Hurry up and cover it in oily stains.

Great starting point for your project. It looks like your first order of business will be 40 hours of floor repair.

Keep us posted on the progress.

HA! Floor of the car? or floor of the shop? Replacing the car floor pan, foot wells, trunk floor.. Sealing the shop floor...

Thats gonna be a cool car for sure. I love the 62 to 65 Mopars and the 64 Dodge is one of the best looking ones. I had to put front floor pans in my 63 also. Its no problem as many places had them. I dont remember what I paid for them though as it was in 2004 when I got them. Good luck with it and please post updates as you build it. Ron

Haven't posted in about a month, so I figure it's time for an update. Over the Fourth of July I usually take a couple weeks vacation so the first week was spent clearing out my shop of all the "stuff" from our move to this new place. We added a 30 X 60 barn to the end of the shop in the spring where all the garden/tractor/lawn mowers/stuff goes. DONE. Yesterday and today was spent striping the 330. Found the usual stuff. The floor panels are shot, which I knew. The interesting thing is the fenders and quarters are very solid other than around the windows and the pass side blower inlet and drivers side post. Also must decide what to do about the cowl and the firewall. Next week the under side comes off and put on a cage for transport to the media blaster to see what I've really got here. PS. update from the engine builder, rotating assy at the shop for balance.

Attachments

• raw body009.jpg
    raw body009.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3,495
  • raw body008.jpg
    raw body008.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 3,492
  • raw body007.jpg
    raw body007.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 3,490
  • raw body006.jpg
    raw body006.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 3,534
A couple more shots. Other than the shocks (torch ran out of oxy), I think I'm ready for the rolling under-carraige. I'll measure it up tomorrow and have the guys at the shop kick it out using scrap steel. By next weekend I hope to be at the media blaster.

Attachments

• Challenger01Badge.jpg
    Challenger01Badge.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 3,399
  • Challenger02Badge.jpg
    Challenger02Badge.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 3,432
What are you doing for the hemi in that thing? I've got two going together now if you need one.

I can tell you right now you started on the WRONG TRACK...
Yup, I'm doing a 63 Polara Max Wedge clone and I have already identified your first mistake..That "Rear End" has to go!
Uh, yeah, I'll send you a "couple a hunnderd bucks" for it and I'll be kind enough to take it off your hands...
LOL!
It all looks great! good job, thanks for the pics and oh yeah: "that rear end is to die for"
"Super-bee_ski"

thanks guys. This one, I have a feeling, will take some time. I'm on the "pay as you go" plan. nice part is the big ticket items are paid for now its the nickel and dime stuff. which seems to never end. And Ya, SBS, those guys at Moser do good work. I have a bias, they are about an hour from me and a friend of mine races Super Gas with them.

There sure are a lot of great projects going on the site right now. Congrats on an awesome project. Looking forward to watching.

i can trade a couple SB parts :grin::grin:

LOL, I'd have to have a complete nose, fenders, hood, two wings (yes I need two!), and the complete back half of a 70RR including taillights and then we might talk!

Auto Transport Service
Back