• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64/65 Hardtop Rear Glass

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
I’m getting my 64 Plymouth HT painted over the winter and would like to replace the windshield while I am at it. Managed to get one of those but now I’m thinking of replacing rear glass or at least taking it out to paint and put in a new gasket. Just in case I mess this all up, does any company remake rear glass for the 64/65 hardtops?

I think AMD was marketing them ?

I’m getting my 64 Plymouth HT painted over the winter and would like to replace the windshield while I am at it. Managed to get one of those but now I’m thinking of replacing rear glass or at least taking it out to paint and put in a new gasket. Just in case I mess this all up, does any company remake rear glass for the 64/65 hardtops?

I have 2 of them removed from parts cars, you are kinda far away to pick up in New Jersey.
Shipping would not be cost effective on your end.

I have 2 of them removed from parts cars, you are kinda far away to pick up in New Jersey.
Shipping would not be cost effective on your end.
Ya especially with the boarders being closed not a fun time but thanks for the offer. I’ll pull mine and worry about it only if it cracks. Nice to know there are options.

On my '63, I bought only the front windshield, as it had some "age" wear. The rest of the glass was pretty decent, so I bought a glass polishing kit, and followed the directions. They came out nice, so I decided to re-use them and keep some originality in the car.

On my '63, I bought only the front windshield, as it had some "age" wear. The rest of the glass was pretty decent, so I bought a glass polishing kit, and followed the directions. They came out nice, so I decided to re-use them and keep some originality in the car.

I may try a polishing kit for the back glass as well. It’s in good shape just a few light swirls here and there

You can probably find an original one I would think no problem.

Don't try to remove the rear glass by trying to save the gasket! Cut the gasket with a razor knife1 It save you a lot of grief1 Easier to get a new gasket and cheaper to!

Don't try to remove the rear glass by trying to save the gasket! Cut the gasket with a razor knife1 It save you a lot of grief1 Easier to get a new gasket and cheaper to!

Ya definitely not trying to save the gasket. Just want to remove the rear glass to paint the car. I ordered replacement gaskets from Joe already.

Moparsteve is right. The rear glass is reasonably tough but cutting the gasket makes the entire job a whole lot easier. Reinstalling with the old gasket is a son of a gun to do, so you'd want the new one anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back